Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 hours/2 deer shot in 2 different counties

10 hours/2 deer shot in 2 different counties

Hi Lads

just a quick write up

Had a cracking day highseat/tower shooting yesterday, the day started with a invite stalk off a friend in leicestershire after munties.

im not going to name names/or ground, but i can say this is proberly some of the best ground ive ever shot on, the little buggers are everywhere we settled into a excellent made shooting tower before light which has a view up 4 different rides.

once the day woke up they started moving but as we all know muntjac are little sods for keeping on the move and this proved entertaining when youve got 4 rides to watch in 4 different directions.

anyway to cut a long story short we had a big buck cross one of the rides but he wasnt stopping, had a doe feeding not 40 yards from us (nice to see) and saw several others, but i shot a doe that came onto a ride feeding at about 100 yards away she turned broadside on and i sent a 180 grain pill on its way what dropped her on the spot.

then once sorting out it was in the car back upto staffordshire to my ground for a sit in one of my highseats for last light.

Arrived at my ground for 3.20 and was in the seat for 3.30pm at 3.45pm i had 6 fallow does come running across the field back towards the wood which ive never seen before as the fallow on this ground as sods for only appearing out the woods at very last knockings , they were about 200 yards away tried all the usual shouts etc but they were not stopping for love nor money but nice to see anyway.

at 16.35 a fallow pricket appeared out of the wood very close to the highseat (50 yards) and started to feed , he was nice and calm and still so i opted for a headshot (i only ever do headshots if the conditions/distances are right and not ideal for a novice !!!!) but he dropped to the shot nice and cleanly, a nice one for the cull plan job done.

A very enjoyable day and a first for me 2 different species in two different counties in one day

ATB

Dave
    Last edited by 223; 03-12-2012 at 09:03.

Nice for someone to be having some luck and getting some knocked over! haha Looks like a nice wee prickets head that and a well places headshot in the right conditions!

nice right up and some decent meat for the freezer well done

Well done Dave . Was the muntjac shot where we are meeting??
    Atb Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    Well done Dave . Was the muntjac shot where we are meeting??
    Atb Steve
    no steve this was anouther invite m8

ATB

Dave

Nice one well done dave

Well done Dave, great result!

I was up your neck of the woods on the weekend. Had a few scoops in the Hand and Cleaver after a day on the pheasants, not sure if you know it.

All the best.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Dog View Post
    Well done Dave, great result!

I was up your neck of the woods on the weekend. Had a few scoops in the Hand and Cleaver after a day on the pheasants, not sure if you know it.

All the best.

Jim
    the hand and cleaver is about 3 miles from my house jim , small world isnt it

You should of given us a shout jim, i was on the pheasants not too far from there, hope you had a good day.

We were actually shooting in Wales somewhere, but we were staying at my mates folks place. It was a great day, some absolutely cracking birds, the majority were way out of my range...hence i had a shocker! Lovely day out though.

I'll have to give you a shout the next time I'm up that way.