forest leases dsc1 ???

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys

Do all forestry companys require dsc2 for deer leases or will some lease with dsc1 only ????

ATB

Dave

I've only ever been asked for DSC 2 by FC - some forestry companies (Bidwells e.g.) don't want anything, other than insurance. And money. Obviously.

Most of the Forestry companies want lev one FC want lev to and Fit n Competent register. Some of the new ground that the FC are tendering out to private companies also need to have a lev 2 standard for the DMP .I feel its only a matter of time before most will want a higher standard.

as 6 pointer says level 1 but you must be acompanied by a level 2 off the syndicate and you must gain level 2 within the year. i think the people who ask for level two candidates as it is a bind on people to always arrange to be on the ground with the level 1. ,atb wayne

With forestry commission scotland you can be on the lease with level 1 but can only stalk the ground if you are with someone with level 2.

David

Merside beat me to it.

Last edited:
My experience is that most require Level 1 and the FC require Level 2.

All have requested the details of every person conducting deer management on each lease (in effect no guests, prohibiting someone from making a commercial enterprise out of a given lease)

You can be a name on an FC lease with level 1 as long as you are working towards level 2. Somebody on the lease must have level 2 though

Al

Back