Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Dont Always Get What you Pay For

You Dont Always Get What you Pay For

I was away Stalking last weekend with some good friends sadly some of them have gone across to the darkside and have been begiled by Blasers.

One of them crossing a fence caught there rifle / scope on the fence with the resulting catastophic results.

Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1547[1].jpg   IMG_1548[1].jpg  

Oooops!
    Now that was bad luck. Chance in a million of such a thing happening with this result.

The 'open' sights work well if they're fitted though.
    ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Was the rifle dropped onto hard surface or snagged and pulled on the wire?

The result of using cheap fixings. probably sourced from China or India.

The buyer at a firm I worked for did the ame thing and they were awful and soft. 8mm S/S cap head only took about 25 ft/lbs to twist the head right off.

Quote 'Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers'

Hi Dave, I've had no problems with my Blaser and wish I'd got one years ago before they became so expensive.
    As has been said tho' it isn't the Blaser that was faulty but the screw on the saddle mount which makes me think it may be one that was " sourced from somewhere other than Germany" if you know what I mean

Makes me glad i bought a solid trusty Savage..................

Dave, was that someone I know?

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Quote 'Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers'

Hi Dave, I've had no problems with my Blaser and wish I'd got one years ago before they became so expensive.
    As has been said tho' it isn't the Blaser that was faulty but the screw on the saddle mount which makes me think it may be one that was " sourced from somewhere other than Germany" if you know what I mean
    edy it is a genuine £400 Blaser saddle mount

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    edy it is a genuine £400 Blaser saddle mount
    Crikey, I bet he cried his eyes out
    I did read on another web site of the ring splitting on a genuine mount and that was only found out on checking the scope and mount after a missed shot.
    The good news was tho, that he not only had the mount replaced but was given compensation for ruining the hunt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    I was away Stalking last weekend with some good friends sadly some of them have gone across to the darkside and have been begiled by Blasers.

One of them crossing a fence caught there rifle / scope on the fence with the resulting catastophic results.

Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers
    Or suitable for careless people who cannot cross a fence properly atb Tim