You Dont Always Get What you Pay For

Mr Lewis

I was away Stalking last weekend with some good friends sadly some of them have gone across to the darkside and have been begiled by Blasers.

One of them crossing a fence caught there rifle / scope on the fence with the resulting catastophic results.

Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers :D

Attachments

• IMG_1548[1].jpg
    IMG_1548[1].jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1547[1].jpg
    IMG_1547[1].jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 615
Oooops!
Now that was bad luck. Chance in a million of such a thing happening with this result.

The 'open' sights work well if they're fitted though.
ATB

The result of using cheap fixings. probably sourced from China or India.

The buyer at a firm I worked for did the ame thing and they were awful and soft. 8mm S/S cap head only took about 25 ft/lbs to twist the head right off.

Quote 'Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers'

Hi Dave, I've had no problems with my Blaser and wish I'd got one years ago before they became so expensive.
As has been said tho' it isn't the Blaser that was faulty but the screw on the saddle mount which makes me think it may be one that was " sourced from somewhere other than Germany" if you know what I mean ;)

Quote 'Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers'

Hi Dave, I've had no problems with my Blaser and wish I'd got one years ago before they became so expensive.
As has been said tho' it isn't the Blaser that was faulty but the screw on the saddle mount which makes me think it may be one that was " sourced from somewhere other than Germany" if you know what I mean ;)

edy it is a genuine £400 Blaser saddle mount

edy it is a genuine £400 Blaser saddle mount

Crikey, I bet he cried his eyes out :(
I did read on another web site of the ring splitting on a genuine mount and that was only found out on checking the scope and mount after a missed shot.
The good news was tho, that he not only had the mount replaced but was given compensation for ruining the hunt too.

I was away Stalking last weekend with some good friends sadly some of them have gone across to the darkside and have been begiled by Blasers.

One of them crossing a fence caught there rifle / scope on the fence with the resulting catastophic results.

Proving that Blasers are just posers rifles and not meant for any real work or real stalkers :D

Or suitable for careless people who cannot cross a fence properly :cool: atb Tim

Are you sure that is a genuine Blaser mount, it looks nothing like mine which definitely is genuine.
For a start the base on mine is solid machined billet steel, the base you show is cast.

Neil. :)

Hi Hornet 6,

It looks like the old style mount, I have one of each, one cast and lighter, one from solid like yours.

Alex

Dave, why don't you tell how it happened? Reason being, if any rifle/scope/mount was subjected to the same thing then I expect they would have all suffered damage aswell. You also omit to mention that the Zeiss Diavari scope illumination didn't work for a while after either!

John my Near mounts didn't break when subjected to a lot harder knock shame I cannot say the same about my nightforce :cry:

Back