Ok, so this may raise questions of my sanity.....but sunset....

deerstalker.308

I was stalking on the farm yesterday afternoon, and I thought something was a bit strange.....normally at this time of day I have to stalk in one direction around the farm because the setting sun completely obscures my view as I am facing directly west if walking along one long boundary. Last night however this was not the case, the sun was setting to the south, ok, so I've gone mad, this doesn't happen, I'm confused, and no, I hadn't been drinking!

Nope, think I managed to dress myself ok! Really had me confused though, maybe those yanks were doing some strange military sh!t and moved the sun or something, all goes on down here with mildenhall and lakenheath!

Not crazy. The sun sets more or less in the south west this time of year. Actually a bit south of SW here.

Rises in the north east here in June.

The sun will be further south because it is winter. In the summer the sun will appear further north. I won't go all scientic on you but it is to do with the earth tilting on its axis as the seasons progress.

Its nice to see the sun go down,most of this year we have watched the rain come down and down and down a bit more :rolleyes:

No, it's a precursor phenomenon prior to the end of the Mayan Calendar and of course the world.
Grant

Got a really useful app for sun rise/set and moon cyles also, very handy for all hunting and lamping especially.

Had to laugh the other day, when i mentioned to a bloke that the the moon would not be rising till about 10.30pm he looked perplexed. He thought that as soon as the sun went down the moon came up :cuckoo:.

Its the world slipping north and we are all doomed on 21 12 yes this year. so take your last shots and say good by.
Mind you this happend last year and i got wrong so who knows, woodfordfallow

Yeah sorry Brian, I have heard the end of the world event has been postponed due to lack of government funds :scared:.

Yeah sorry Brian, I have heard the end of the world event has been postponed due to lack of government funds :scared:.
Munty i think you are taking the p. Its nothing to do with funds goverment or otherwise, The root of the problem is there is to many stalkers and not enough ground thats why we are slipping north. 21 12 12 read nostradamus.

Back