Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold gun cabinet

Cold gun cabinet

OK all I have a problem that I'm sure many of you will have come across.......

One of my gun cabinets is fixed inside a cupboard that is on an external wall in the house (old house no cavity etc) I am having trouble with my guns getting rust on them even though they are oiled. This is no doubt down to condensation because of the outside wall etc. Have tried the silica gel pouches and the napier pouches but I would like to find a better solution as I'm constantly having to replace them. Did read somewhere about puting a 12v battery and a bulb in there but I guess I would be forever changing the battery so the other option would be a 240v bulb and a plug but not keen on drilling holes in the cabinet.

Any ideas to solve the problem would be much appreciated

Cheers

A little tube heater for about 15 is your best bet you will need to drill a hole still

You can get a small heater for the cabinet.

Have you used all the holes in the floor of the cabinet for fixing as well as the ones in the back? If not maybe you can get a cable in through the bottom of the cabinet?

the other option to a tube heater would be a ceramic bulb no light and if you hook it up to a dimmer switch you can regulate the heat and the other option is a reptile heat mat totally flat you stick it to the cabinet and that will take the chill off,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    the other option to a tube heater would be a ceramic bulb no light and if you hook it up to a dimmer switch you can regulate the heat and the other option is a reptile heat mat totally flat you stick it to the cabinet and that will take the chill off,atb wayne
    Thats a bloody good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    A little tube heater for about 15 is your best bet you will need to drill a hole still
    I have similar problem with cold but not the condensation. Where would you get one of the heaters mentioned? Are they 12v or 240v & do they cost much to run?
    Cheers wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    I have similar problem with cold but not the condensation. Where would you get one of the heaters mentioned? Are they 12v or 240v & do they cost much to run?
    Cheers wingy
    TUBULAR HEATER 45Watts 1ft LONG WITH PLUG: Amazon.co.uk: Sports Outdoors

theres a few different ones on amazon

240 v, like the reptile/home-brew mat. The tube heater i referred to would fit in the base of the cabinet.

better yet get a heater for reptile house. they cost very little, are flat and easy to pin to the inside. they don't get too hot but are warm enough.