Roe Shield Full Skull

palmer_mike

I'm in the very happy position of having just been informed that the skull of my first Roe-Buck has just been boiled etc and will shortly be being posted to me!

I opted to have it as a full skull, partly as i'm not sure if it will just make bronze or not so want to get it measured and partl because I just wanted to have it complete as its my first one!

I'm pretty good with wood working (being a cabinet maker by trade), so wondered if i might try and make a shield with a recess or cut out - so that when the skull was mounted into the recess it would look like a cut skull. ie the parts of the skull normally cut off would be hidden by the shield.

Anyone ever seen this done or heard of it?

All the best,
Mike

Hi Mike,

First of all well done on getting your first roe buck and possibly your first medal. I have never seen this done before but would be very intrested to see how this looks if you build this shield. Why not get it measured then cut it down and mounted?

Regards,

SS

Hi Mike,

First of all well done on getting your first roe buck and possibly your first medal. I have never seen this done before but would be very intrested to see how this looks if you build this shield. Why not get it measured then cut it down and mounted?

Regards,

SS

thanks for the Interest,
the skull should be here any day now so I'll have a measure up when it arrives and see if my idea will work.
i may end up cutting it but a bit nervous of messing it up!

Back