Thread: Hello there

Hello there

Hello there,

I'm Lucy. I'm based in London but very occasionally manage to escape to Perthshire for a spot of stalking. I first got the bug thanks to my husband, who thought it would be a good idea to take a few days' stalking during our honeymoon.

So far I've only stalked red stags in the Highlands but am hoping to have a crack at the hinds at some point plus I'm hoping to squeeze in the DSC1 next year.

I've been using .270s for stalking and, when real stalking hasn't been possible, I've been practising at Bisley with a few club rifles (.22s and .308s). I'm finally getting around to applying for a FAC so should have something of my own to play with next year.

That's about it,

L

Hello Lucy and welcome. I'm based in West London, whereabouts are you? I think that if I had taken my wife on a stalking holiday for our honeymoon, things wouldn't have worked out very well. Your husband is a brave or possibly reckless man! Are you a member of the BSRC?

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

[QUOTE=MrsSmartyBreeks;481015]Hello there,

I'm Lucy. I'm based in London but very occasionally manage to escape to Perthshire for a spot of stalking. I first got the bug thanks to my husband, who thought it would be a good idea to take a few days' stalking during our honeymoon.

So far I've only stalked red stags in the Highlands but am hoping to have a crack at the hinds at some point plus I'm hoping to squeeze in the DSC1 next year.

I've been using .270s for stalking and, when real stalking hasn't been possible, I've been practising at Bisley with a few club rifles (.22s and .308s). I'm finally getting around to applying for a FAC so should have something of my own to play with next year.

That's about it,

Some men are so romantic.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

Pine Marten, I'm in west/central London. My husband is...err...unusual...but I wouldn't have him any other way! I'm not a member of the BSRC yet but was down there at a couple of NRASC days before Christmas. Joining is on the list of things to do this year.

L

Lucy

Welcome to the site, and I look forward to meeting you at the BSRC sometime in the future

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Welcome from another newbie to the site

Welcome and enjoy

There should be more of you ladies involved, it would only add to the strength of our game. Well done you.