Thread: Bargain Montane extreme jacket

Bargain Montane extreme jacket

In Tk Maxx with my wife and found a Montane Extreme jacket in olive green for 59 quid. These are very similar to Buffalo gear - wind proof pertex shell with thick pile lining - and are top quality cold weather kit. Think the RRP is probably nearly double that so a real bargain if you can track one down. Not sure where they get their stock from but I'm sure someone said they had some other Montane gear a while ago so worth keeping an eye out!

Brilliant gear is Montane, need to take a swing by a tkmaxx for a look. Cheers for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Brilliant gear is Montane, need to take a swing by a tkmaxx for a look. Cheers for the heads up

IMO better than Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    IMO better than Buffalo
    Totally agree, seems to be more " bang for your buck" with Montane too

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Totally agree, seems to be more " bang for your buck" with Montane too
    Yep. The hood is included and really good (wired and adjustable). Buffalo charge u about 15 quid for theirs. There's reinforcement on the forearms which is also a bonus. I do have a buffalo copy that I've worn for about 15 years so I know the whole pertex/pile concept works! If any of u are in any doubt u should try it. You might find out what 'breathable' really means!

Does anybody have a link from this shop? I googled a bit but no succes. Might be intrested to get one for my son and for me, depending the postage.

Taking nothing away from the Montane as I have not used them, but if not available and as an alternative, this is one I bought last year. I have been wearing it over a base layer and light fleece and under a windproof goretex outer jacket and it was -2 at the weekend in the high seat. No sensation of cold whatsoever. very good...

Mammoth - Country Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Does anybody have a link from this shop? I googled a bit but no succes. Might be intrested to get one for my son and for me, depending the postage.
    Pretty sure you can't buy online. You just need to get to store and have a rummage. It can be a bit of a jumble sale and you never know what they'll have but I've had some cracking stuff. Merino wool base layers are normally there at this time of year among the ski gear and they have fleece jackets galore and decent craghoppers trousers - lined and unlined. I'm not on commission... Honest!