Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the Gritters

Where are the Gritters

Got up this morning to sheet ice on the roads!
    In the space of 1.5miles there are nearly 150 cars stuck on the road between Penpont and Thornhill,several have crashed though the walls and hedges and the emergency services are unable to attend!
    All becuase some pen-pusher in the D&G offices is trying to save money,at what cost!!
    And there can be no argument from then, they have upto date weather prediction,the roads were clear yesterday surely you would of thought that they would of gritted then if they new what was to come.

I have been called cynical in the past but, I bet the councillors roads are well gritted so they can get to work..
    Winge over..

I think they are all up here, I just dropped kids off for the school bus and 2 went past in the last 10 mins both gritting. whats funny is that it's a single track road and it pi@@ing it down and 4 degrees.

they are stuck at the bottom of icy hills... or in snow

There still in the YARD! lol
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by news of the world View Post
    Got up this morning to sheet ice on the roads!
    In the space of 1.5miles there are nearly 150 cars stuck on the road between Penpont and Thornhill,several have crashed though the walls and hedges and the emergency services are unable to attend!
    All becuase some pen-pusher in the D&G offices is trying to save money,at what cost!!
    And there can be no argument from then, they have upto date weather prediction,the roads were clear yesterday surely you would of thought that they would of gritted then if they new what was to come.

I have been called cynical in the past but, I bet the councillors roads are well gritted so they can get to work..
    Winge over..
    Cynical??? ... You're an amatuer.

Here's Cynical! ... I'll bet the council staff's roads to work are the very ones that are not gritted... duvet days all round... and to heck with honest working folk trying to go about their dailies.

At least you are ok Tamus. Passed your pad earlier this morning and saw 3. A bit misty though.

I was coming home from work at half 1 this morning andthe M8 was white with frost and there was a artic + trailer in the trees just before the Harthill Junction. The police were there and everything looked ok but not a gritter to be seen. Iam getting sick of this carry on now and I am begining to wonder where all the money is goin for road maintenance, that includes salting them. I thought the transport minister had learned their lesson a couple of years ago but its not looking like it. Nightmare Hootsman
    Just Shoot The F..king Thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hootsman View Post
    I was coming home from work at half 1 this morning andthe M8 was white with frost and there was a artic + trailer in the trees just before the Harthill Junction. The police were there and everything looked ok but not a gritter to be seen. Iam getting sick of this carry on now and I am begining to wonder where all the money is goin for road maintenance, that includes salting them. I thought the transport minister had learned their lesson a couple of years ago but its not looking like it. Nightmare Hootsman

Never mind Jim, as long as they Grit the A82 you'll be fine & dandy

if only everything in life was as reliable as a volkswagen !

Best of luck, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    At least you are ok Tamus. Passed your pad earlier this morning and saw 3. A bit misty though.
    Plenty on the A721, just one up this road though and the road into the farm's a skating rink... if it's gritters you're on about.

We're on a school bus run to Biggar and since that is the school bus "black hole of Scotland/Britain", they do tend to pull their finger out round about here nowadays (on school days). It wasn't always so. However, non-school days still take the unaware... unawares... every year.

Im just back from aberdeen seen over 40 gritters on my trip this morning.