Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question for the experts

question for the experts

Ok so i know i should get out more butttttttttt why is it that when you are sat in a highchair a herd of fallow can just appear with no noise but reds you hear coming from miles away regards biker1
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

I'm not so sure, my reds can be pretty bloody sneaky! I always find it amazing with fallow how you can glass a field on second, no deer, then look back and there'll be a herd right in the middle of it as if they've been there all day, never fail to amaze!

Fallow seem to be very clever at utilising 'dead ground', I have seen a herd of 70 Fallow concealed in what appeared to be the shallowest of dips in the ground.

But I agree with Deerstalker .308, Reds can be really clever and can move through woodland silently.

I suppose when their life depends on it, they can't afford to be careless. If we get it wrong, then we get no venison or trophies - but when they get it wrong ... They die!

Regards,

Mike.
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I'm not so sure, my reds can be pretty bloody sneaky! I always find it amazing with fallow how you can glass a field on second, no deer, then look back and there'll be a herd right in the middle of it as if they've been there all day, never fail to amaze!
    Right before you see the flash of colour as they disappear to the other end of the estate...

Fallow seem to float about in thin air, I've come to the conclusion that they do infact hover (hence the silent approach), and its not ears on their heads but a sophisticated radar early warning system.

But I do know what you mean, its like "where the hell did they appear from?".

Easy peezy reds have bigger feet didn't you learn anything on that dsc 1 muppet
    kindest regards
    doug

No idea about how fallow & reds do it but I do know that roe & muntjac come out of rabbit holes.... Perhaps the fallow use badger holes?!?!?!

Sometimes I think they arrive on casters!
    Trouble is they then disappear just as quick! I've even seen a pure white one disappear into a dark wood without trace!
    They just seem to melt away into the background! Maybe they are ghosts?
    MS

It's quite a few years since I've sat in a 'High Chair' at the time I think I was wearing a bib and sucking from a bottle too

Quote Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
    Ok so i know i should get out more butttttttttt why is it that when you are sat in a highchair a herd of fallow can just appear with no noise but reds you hear coming from miles away regards biker1
    Dont forget everytime they come out they have to be lucky. I/we only need to be lucky once.

Fallow, one of the hardest deer to judge numbers and control, always quiet, but Reds in a wood are no different, and on the open hill can disappear just as quickly. Although most times they run up hill rather than down.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.