Dubai

6pt-sika

I'm gonna be flying thru Dubai in early and late February in transit from the USA to the Philippines and back .

Based on the current state of affairs in the world , whats it like in the Dubai airport ?

I'll not be there more then 3 hours either way provided there are no delays .

Very nice airport, very plush departures lounge, you've no worries with Dubai and 'current world affairs'!

I stop regular a dubai airport mate I've always found it to be one of the best,And if your flying emirates its even better.

Andy

Its one of the few places I know where men have to queue for the toilets! If you arrive in the morning then it is (literally) a pain in the ar*e getting to the loo. I shall be glad when the new Terminal opens, the existing one is far too congested. I shall be there in January and usually pass through several times a year.

Phil

I stop regular a dubai airport mate I've always found it to be one of the best,And if your flying emirates its even better.

Andy

I am flying Emirates all way from Dullus to Manila and back . Economy however :confused:

To be honest thats the reason I went this route instead of using Korean Air thru Seoul or Delta thru Tokyo . The flight using Emirates was almost $200 less then using Korean Air or Delta .

Last trip i used Delta and ended up spending the night in DETROIT (YUCK YUCK YUCK) and then 26 hours in Tokyo because of plane problems . I will say Delta put me in a rather nice Radisson in Narita due to the unscheduled and long layover !

I thought it was a good airport but not enough staff in the immigration booths,the queues were horrendous and it took me two ferkin hours to get through...lazy slow attitude exhibited by some of the staff at times too.
Though you would expect that with having to deal with FIFTY MILLION passenger movements per year though.

The 50 mill says it all really.

I live in Kuwait and am there regularly. Like others say its a good airport (I see lots of airports) and there are really no big hassles - the lines at immigration can sometimes be long but they go through quickly - if you are in transit this should not be an issue. It is sometimes quite crowded but it works very well and is easy to navigate round - just one big long line of terminals.

As you are Emirates in and out you should be in Terminal 3 which is very good.

Be through there in May on my way to Namibia ............. roll on..........

As everyone else has said the airports fine you'll find it easy to transit through. I've worked in Dubai and with guys from the states and they got "danger money!?" The only danger there is spending all your money on beer!

Very expensive food!

Fu**ing hate the place - frequently have to spend 7-8 hours stop overs there when taking cheap flights to South Africa. Boring, uncomfortable and expensive. But not noticeably worse than, say, Newark.

Very expensive food!

Fu**ing hate the place - frequently have to spend 7-8 hours stop overs there when taking cheap flights to South Africa. Boring, uncomfortable and expensive. But not noticeably worse than, say, Newark.

You must have a very pampered existence - you should try spending half a day in Addis Ababa, Nairobi or Juba.

Lived in Dubai for 3 years, fly emirates and land terimnal 3, terminal 1 is a no no with flights from India and the rest of Asia landing there hence the massive waiting time for immigration. Nothing cheap in Dubai even though its a tax free Emirate?!

Bod

I'm in Dubai once a month. Immigration is considerably quicker than US & SA, but as I land early on a Monday, I must miss the Sub-Continent flights as I'm never more than 10th from a desk...

On way out, I go straight to BA Lounge having wandered through Duty Free for 10 mins. If you're not leaving the airport, bring a good book and grab a table at Costa.

Enjoy

I'm in Dubai once a month. Immigration is considerably quicker than US & SA, but as I land early on a Monday, I must miss the Sub-Continent flights as I'm never more than 10th from a desk...

On way out, I go straight to BA Lounge having wandered through Duty Free for 10 mins. If you're not leaving the airport, bring a good book and grab a table at Costa.

Enjoy

I should think with only a 2 1/2 hour layover on the way over I'll most likely only need to sit for about an hour to an hour and a half . Plus I need to get my fiancee's daughter a shirt of some type from the Dubai airport ! I suspect it'll go quicker then I'm thinking sitting here in anticipation !

The way back doesn't bother me , but I get wound kinda tight on the way over as I don't like any mixups etc so my fiancee doesn't worry to much . Last trip when I got hung up in Detroit and then in Tokyo I think her blood pressure went thru the roof .

Spent 8 of the last 10yrs rotating out of Dubai, as you are transiting through, immigration etc will not be an issue. Traveling on Emirates with a dedicated terminal (no coach trips across the airport) should make the transit easy. As others have said on this thread no shortage of goodies to spend your $$'s on. Good duty free for booze and the like.

Cheers
Pete

Spent 8 of the last 10yrs rotating out of Dubai, as you are transiting through, immigration etc will not be an issue. Traveling on Emirates with a dedicated terminal (no coach trips across the airport) should make the transit easy. As others have said on this thread no shortage of goodies to spend your $$'s on. Good duty free for booze and the like.

Cheers
Pete

I got our daughter a t shirt last trip at the Tokyo Airport and it was $25 if my memory serves . How much more should I expect to pay in Dubai for something along those lines ? She likes plain t shirts that say maybe just "DUBAI" on them or something to that effect ?

I got our daughter a t shirt last trip at the Tokyo Airport and it was $25 if my memory serves . How much more should I expect to pay in Dubai for something along those lines ? She likes plain t shirts that say maybe just "DUBAI" on them or something to that effect ?

If I remember, I'll have a look on 22nd when I'm heading back out...

Back