1 0.81%
  • Both?

17 13.71%
  • Neither?

63 50.81%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you?

What are you?

What best describes your role in deer stalking? Simple question which will no doubt lead to controversy!
    MS

Hmm... interesting already! Unless you haven't shot any deer, how can you be neither? What are you then?

Well recreational stalkers who only have limited opportunities can't really claim to be deer managers. Yet many, if not most, aren't dedicated trophy hunters because it's too expensive and/or doesn't float their boat. That would include me for instance. So I think you're missing a category for recreational stalker/pot hunter. Because in the end, it's only OK because we eat them (or make sure someone does).

It would cover a lot of people imo not being neither...

Somebody buying their stalking but not interested in trophy's would not call themselves a deer manager.... Would they ??
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Good question. For my sake, I haven't got my own permission yet, so can't really be a deer manager, and I'm not necessarily going for trophies, as I'm more interested in gaining stalking experience at present.

Neither as I'm not trophy hunter and do not manage deer as deer in season are shot on sight for my own use so not really managing deer.

I'm not a pro deer manager by any stretch of the imagination, but im selective about what I shoot on my lease and try to manage the ground and deer best I can. . . does that make me a deer manager, i'm not sure, maybe an amatuer one.

What I can say with certainty is that i'm def not a trophy hunter, as iv found the 6 pointers taste just the same as the spikers.
    Last edited by Cadex; 04-12-2012 at 20:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Well recreational stalkers who only have limited opportunities can't really claim to be deer managers. Yet many, if not most, aren't dedicated trophy hunters because it's too expensive and/or doesn't float their boat. That would include me for instance. So I think you're missing a category for recreational stalker/pot hunter. Because in the end, it's only OK because we eat them (or make sure someone does).
    Spot on ...me too
    norma

Recreational stalker as part of a syndicate, so adhere to a cull plan, suppose that could be classed as management,but i would class myself as a one for the freezer stalker.