Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo lamping

Solo lamping

Do many of you go alone,bought myself a deben lithium ion 22amp battery last week,my mate was busy tonite so I went solo,it certainly worth the money,just slip it in your pocket and off you go,2.5hrs and that was enough,my t3 varmint with s5 mod and 2 mill candle power lamp made my arms ache,was worth the effort rather than not go,I shot a huge dog fox in the first field ,I use to go solo for years using remy 700 vs in 22/250.10 years older now and it hurts.ground I shot tonite is hard walking,should sleep well tonite ,oooooops wrong section,
    Last edited by swarovski; 04-12-2012 at 23:50.

Only go solo with NV, hard work with a lamp on your own!

Pete

i go solo with my remmy 700 sps T8 mod. i've got a deben lamp mounted on scope with button on the stock to turn it on and off, battery on my belt. lamp has about 400 meter beam, works well for me as the lamp weighs hardly anything!

I go alone 90% of the time as I like my own company and I tend to shoot more. I use a cluson lamp which is fairly light. I only use the NV when I'm ambushing, spot through NV mono, lamp on to shoot.

Well done. I lamp solo about 50% of the time. Always find its worth it and it is probably as effective as anything else if you are on foot.

Always solo with a Clulite Interceptor, no problems at all :-)

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

When solo i use a Tigra SLE head mounted lamp, excellent and then for the shot on foxes a scope mounted LED torch. Works well for me at reasnoable ranges.

However serious foxing is a team task be it mobile or on foot, and takes several years to develope the understanding which enables you to get thoose difficult ones.

D

I shoot on my own (NV) most of the time. Last night I took my 158th fox of the year, so it clearly works!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    However serious foxing is a team task be it mobile or on foot, and takes several years to develope the understanding which enables you to get thoose difficult ones.

D
    to an extent, we do a mix of lamping with 3 from a vehicle which works well most of the time, I say most of the time as we do have times of being plagued by dogmen and you soon know as everything is lamp shy. After that sitting over bait with NV mops up most of the rest couple NV with trail cams and you have a deadly combination, as soon as you know their regular routes and times even the hardest can turn very easy.