Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sainsburys venison prices

  1. #1

    Sainsburys venison prices

    Just popped into our local sainsburys to purchase supplies for the next 4 days, as I have 4 Finnish clients stalking as from tonight.

    Picked up their latest Christmas food to order brochure.

    WAIT FOR IT............................................... Wild British Venison Sirloin joint serves 4 weight 500g 28.00 (56/KG)

    Makes a joke of 2.80kg at the gamedealers if your lucky to get it.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

    ZEISS PRO STALKER.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Just popped into our local sainsburys to purchase supplies for the next 4 days, as I have 4 Finnish clients stalking as from tonight.

    Picked up their latest Christmas food to order brochure.

    WAIT FOR IT............................................... Wild British Venison Sirloin joint serves 4 weight 500g 28.00 (56/KG)

    Makes a joke of 2.80kg at the gamedealers if your lucky to get it.
    everyone has to make a living mate,just like paying XXX amount for a lease and then charging XXXXXX amount to walk around it and XXXXXXXX amount to shoot something that is really free.
    wonder what game dealer they use.
    Last edited by see it shoot it; 05-12-2012 at 12:56.

  3. #3
    The last time I took a Munti to the game dealer, larder weight was 7kg, I got 5 for it.
    I just give the meat away to the extended family ever since, can't bring myself to part with them for so little, knowing that further down the line it turns out at 200 or more.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    The last time I took a Munti to the game dealer, larder weight was 7kg, I got 5 for it.
    I just give the meat away to the extended family ever since, can't bring myself to part with them for so little, knowing that further down the line it turns out at 200 or more.
    I had the same happen to me once,when I questioned the price the reply was "it takes just as long to process a munty then it does a red" so the return involved wasnt worth the effort,I never weighed in any munty again,I gave them away to freind and family

  5. #5
    i was offered 30p a pigeon froma dealer and then found out the local pub buys thier pigeon from him at 99p a breast!!!
    Lucky for me i know the landlord

  6. #6
    I saw in Lidle this morning they were selling farmed Venison from New Zealand at silly money, it was so cheap.

    On the flip side if it gets Joe public into liking game it cant be all bad. As an aside has anyone tried their Canadian Lobster, again so cheap and really good provided the brine is thoroughly washed out of them.

    Regards WB

  7. #7
    SD Regular vizslamad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire. Land of rain and more rain.
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    everyone has to make a living mate,just like paying XXX amount for a lease and then charging XXXXXX amount to walk around it and XXXXXXXX amount to shoot something that is really free.
    wonder what game dealer they use.
    THAT JUST ABOUT SUMS IT UP, EVERYONE ALONG THE WAY TAKES A CUT AND THE PRICE JUST KEEPS GOING UP. I BELIEVE ITS CALLED TRADING AND DO'NT BE FOOLED INTO THINKING THE SUPERMARKET IS MAKING A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY FROM THIS, AS AN EX SUPERMARKET MANAGER I KNOW THE WASTAGE FROM GAME PRODUCTS IS COLLOSSAL. TO AN EXTENT PROVIDERS OF GAME SHOULD BE PLEASED THAT THIS OUTLET IS AVAILABLE. rEMEMBER THE MOUNTAINS OF PHEASANTS THAT USED TO BE BURIED AFTER PEOPLE HAD PAID SOMETIMES HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO SHOOT THEM. THATS WHAT YOU CALL IMMORAL.

Similar Threads

  1. Venison prices?
    By RED-DOT in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 20-11-2011, 12:35
  2. Venison prices
    By WAYNE DAVIES in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-03-2010, 16:15
  3. venison prices
    By wise man in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 14:25
  4. venison prices
    By big eka in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 05:38
  5. Venison prices..
    By griff in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-11-2008, 20:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •