Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The tick from hell!

The tick from hell!

Guys I was out yesterday morning from 3.30 am & blanked & am afraid, then went over to set up one of my lads for the local farmers market for the day.

Yesterday evening I just sat down with the kids to watch TV with a nice glass of vino only to find a pretty medium sized tick on the back of my elbow.

After getting the wife all fired up with the little lasso she managed to get the bugger off but then I noticed that its snout was still firmly embeded in my arm & after having nightmares with Basil's & Mats tick posts this week - we then spent a further half an hour with sharp needle point doing an opperation on my arm to remove it!

It looks a real bloody mess now but the bite is at the moment showing no sign of a bulls eye or infection, so I am just keeping it washed with an alchol gel & fingures crossed it will be OK.

After being bitten loads of times I have never had that trouble with one before & I know its very improtant to ensure that it is all removed.

At least it was'nt me nuts this time!

Regs Lee

Lee,you have got to get one of these mate,cos,it makes it so much easier to remove them without leaving the head behind,they are 100% effective......................
    http://www.otom.com/

ticks

Martin

Yes I share it with the dog! that was what I always use however on this occission the front barbed bit of the head stayed in my arm.

Regs Lee

In the good old days when I just used to pull them out I left the mouthparts behind on a number of occasions. They eventually disappear but the important thing is to keep an eye on the area for the redness and for the old flu-like symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington
    Lee,you have got to get one of these mate,cos,it makes it so much easier to remove them without leaving the head behind,they are 100% effective......................
    http://www.otom.com/
    I`ll second that............................
    basil.

If in doubt, why not run the antibiotic course.
    End of Feb I removed one and the area turned red so the doc put me on the standard dose.
    edi

tick

Guys

It has now gone red & inflamed with a clear bulls eye around the bite area, so its off to the docs this morning for me.

Regs Lee

Lee,

Good you have spotted the red circle.
    A dose of antibiotics and you will be fine.

Take care,
    Greg

ticks

Yep

Course of anitbiotick & antihistimine tablets, Doc has marked the area of the inflimation just to check in 24/48 hours if the rash is still growing & if so to get back in to see him like the wind.

One of those things & like I said in earlier posts I am always careful & have still been bitten lots in the past-but this is the first one has come up infected.

Regs Lee