Help please - Deer Management Plan

Deer Assassin

Hi All

Im after a favour from some of the more experienced/full time deer managers out there. Ive been asked to supply a formal deer management plan for the 4 pieces of ground that i look after the deer on.

Previously my basic deer management plan sufficed, but this year the owner is going for accreditation to sell timber from a PAWS (Protected ancient woodland site) forrest & the plan has to be very robust & include all H&S considerations.

Does anyone have a detailed plan or template that they would be willing to share with me?

Any & all help appreciated.

Cheers

DA

Go on deer initiative site down load it and adapt it to your ground buddy hope that helps

Go on deer initiative site down load it and adapt it to your ground buddy hope that helps

It's a good guideline but google it and adapt, adopt and amend according to your personalised permission!

I built a template and use it on two of my permissions, it includes pictures of the animals and maps to show specifics

Most plans such as this are normally submitted through a woodland/forestry agent or manager. The deer plan forms part of it. Find out who is submitting the grant application and they will probably have a previous example which you can use for guidance. It will also be in a format that they are happy with! It's a slightly different system down here, but i suspect most of it is very similar! Good luck!
MS

Check and see who has written the forest plan, there will be a DMP included. Also you can claim £s for writing a forest plan, not for a lone DMP. You say he is going for accreditation, which sounds like FSC, again ask the forestry agent, if there is on.

pm, if you need any info.

DMPs don't need to be complicated, same with risk assessments, they have to be fit for purpose.

Cheers Guys

I do have a plan in place, its just not comprehensive enought for the auditor.
Looks like i'll have to put aside a good few hours to go through everything in fine detail.

ATB

DA

Back