Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few more gathered up

A few more gathered up

This is out of the paper.
    THREE men have been arrested after they were caught with hunting dogs and a deer carcass in their van.
    The men, aged 22, 24 and 28 and from Stoke-on-Trent, were stopped at Cannock Chase as part of a crackdown on wildlife crime.
    They were arrested on suspicion of offences under the Hunting Act and have been released on bail pending further inquiries.
    Superintendent Dave Holdway, Staffordshire Police's lead on rural crime, said: "The arrest of individuals believed to be involved in poaching puts out a clear message that crimes against wildlife will not be tolerated and we will take action against individuals involved in such activity."

I have now been told that when these nicked country file were filming it all, i dare say they are not guilty though to some

Country file filming it all?? Are you saying that CF were actually with these (alleged) poachers filming a documentary on wildlife crime, or something?

No lol, they were out on the police op.

Is it April the first?

Its hard to believe old man, but they have at last made a start.

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    Its hard to believe old man, but they have at last made a start.
    Amazing!
    You and I know it's more difficult to sort out than nicking us for speeding.

do you know how many wildlife crime officers there actually are?

Its single figures nationally the last time I looked.
    I came across one chap who was responsible for an area 200 miles by 285 miles across!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    do you know how many wildlife crime officers there actually are?
    Not enough by far I guess but this place is not the size of Exmoor, Dartmoor or the Highlands to control.

Anyone with local knowledge could tie the place up in about half an hour if the will and resources were available though.

The local deer have enough trouble from out of control mutts anyway!

your spot on old man, lets hope it wasnt just a one off and they keep up the good work. And Bewsher500 i dont know how many there are but it isnt enough but the more who ring in with poaching reports the more work they will have and hopefully in time more may get set on.