Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arran Week.

Arran Week.

Anyone have anything to add?, Four beasts taken, Weather about as good as it gets,& a possible sales opportunity for quad tyres?................., & a bit of a change in the management structure too!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Out of ten Stalkers no comment, must have been a very secretive affair?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Four? I hope the bag goes up in Jan when I am there. Unless that was four each

C

Have you done a write up on it? Be interesting to know how it went...

Gents,

I believe that Rab Loganand Neil Griffiths are no longer involved with the scheme and it is nowbeing run solely by BASC, I assume that is what you're referring to when yousay there has been in change in the management.

Four deer for ten guns, that's that doesn't sound a lot aof deer for what would be 80 outings for the week. Are you sure itwas good weather during the week, as I know it is very much weather dependant to get good results?

Regards,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1 View Post
    Gents,

I believe that Rab Loganand Neil Griffiths are no longer involved with the scheme and it is nowbeing run solely by BASC,

Four deer for ten guns, that's that doesn't sound a lot aof deer for what would be 80 outings for the week.

Bit of a coincidence isnt it?! You take away two guys who live and breathe deer stalking, and Bob who knows that land inside out and people dont do so well. shock horror!

(not a dig at you, more at BASC/FC for the knee jerk reactions, however i dont know the full story..)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1 View Post
    Gents,

I believe that Rab Loganand Neil Griffiths are no longer involved with the scheme and it is nowbeing run solely by BASC, I assume that is what you're referring to when yousay there has been in change in the management.

Four deer for ten guns, that's that doesn't sound a lot aof deer for what would be 80 outings for the week. Are you sure itwas good weather during the week, as I know it is very much weather dependant to get good results?

Regards,

Tim

Ha,
    IMO that sounds exactly like the number of deer you should expect UNLESS....
    you have been before or are prepared to hunt not stalk. the only hind that was shot (and hit) on the week I went was secured after a 6.5hr high seat excursion

Dont get me wrong, i would go again and be better prepared and armed

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    Bit of a coincidence isnt it?! You take away two guys who live and breathe deer stalking, and Bob who knows that land inside out and people dont do so well. shock horror!

(not a dig at you, more at BASC/FC for the knee jerk reactions, however i dont know the full story..)
    Hi, what are these knee jerk reactions you speak of then?

As far as I was aware Bob Logan is still there helping co-ordinate? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Anyone have anything to add?, Four beasts taken, Weather about as good as it gets,& a possible sales opportunity for quad tyres?................., & a bit of a change in the management structure too!
    Did you manage to get a shot? Cheers

Had a call from my mate. Hey, you're going to Arran, aren't you? Yep I replied, sure am. Rgiht he said, I'll pop around with your paperwork when I get chance. For reasons unknown to either BASC or myself, his address had appeared on my file. What's the chances of that? Wrong name address and it just happens to be someone that I know?

Shame they didn't send him the invoice too.

C