Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger m77 hawkeye .300 win mag l/h laminate

Ruger m77 hawkeye .300 win mag l/h laminate

Ruger m77 mk2 hawkeye, .300 win mag, laminated and stainless, left handed, very good condition, hardly used, 26" barrel,
    with weaver mount adapters, threaded (not sure on thread) shoots fine 475 ovno

will include approx 40 rounds, does not include scope

also have moderator (in pictures for rifle) not sure of type or brand but will sell with rifle for extra 75, will not sell seperaltly

any questions please ask, collection only, no rfd trasfer, veiwing welcome, cheers mark 07540 222619

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4226.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	305.0 KB 
ID:	22190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4223.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	22191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4224.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	22192

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4225.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	22188

rifle price dropped to 450 or 500 the lot, cheers mark

Quote Originally Posted by Msnwillo View Post
    Ruger m77 mk2 hawkeye, .300 win mag, laminated and stainless, left handed, very good condition, hardly used, 26" barrel,
    with weaver mount adapters, threaded (not sure on thread) shoots fine 475 ovno

will include approx 40 rounds, does not include scope

also have moderator (in pictures for rifle) not sure of type or brand but will sell with rifle for extra 75, will not sell seperaltly

any questions please ask, collection only, no rfd trasfer, veiwing welcome, cheers mark 07540 222619
    Mo ...Spotted this first time round, and am curious.

This rifle is a bit of a mystery as the only Ruger Lefthand product on their website in .300WM doesn't look anything like this.

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77Haw...ets/37132.html

I keep tabs on what's available for southpaws over time. This is no hardship as there's very little.

You're not sure of the screwcut thread, or what make/model of moderator it has either. Do you have the model right? Just asking.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Mo ...Spotted this first time round, and am curious.

This rifle is a bit of a mystery as the only Ruger Lefthand product on their website in .300WM doesn't look anything like this.

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77Haw...ets/37132.html

I keep tabs on what's available for southpaws over time. This is no hardship as there's very little.

You're not sure of the screwcut thread, or what make/model of moderator it has either. Do you have the model right? Just asking.

Sinistral,

The rifle is entirely genuine. The model is this one: http://www.ruger.com/products/m77Haw...er/models.html - worth remembering that the website only lists current models and does not list special orders, which I believe this rifle - and mine - were.
    I am pretty certain this is cut 1/2 UNF and the mod looks like a bespoke one, which would be consistent with the provenance of the rifle. If I had a spare slot, I would have this as they are very reliable and shoot good groups in a most unfussy manner.
    If you want any more info, please feel free to PM me.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Sinistral,

The rifle is entirely genuine. The model is this one: http://www.ruger.com/products/m77Haw...er/models.html - worth remembering that the website only lists current models and does not list special orders, which I believe this rifle - and mine - were.
    I am pretty certain this is cut 1/2 UNF and the mod looks like a bespoke one, which would be consistent with the provenance of the rifle. If I had a spare slot, I would have this as they are very reliable and shoot good groups in a most unfussy manner.
    If you want any more info, please feel free to PM me.

E t R
    Thanks for putting me right, Eric, and for posting the proper link.

I wasn't doubting the authenticity of the Ad., just didn't know this model was ever available in Lefthand, briefly or not. I'd have to think about .300WM, but at the price this is a bargain.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Thanks for putting me right, Eric, and for posting the proper link.

I wasn't doubting the authenticity of the Ad., just didn't know this model was ever available in Lefthand, briefly or not. I'd have to think about .300WM, but at the price this is a bargain.
    I'm sure you weren't - so my apologies if my post gave that impression. If it is the rifle I am thinking of it will have barely been shot - and that is the challenge with 300WM as a general calibre and is probably reflected in the price - and of course there may be other motivation to price for a quick sale other than because there may be something wrong with it. I have the 270 version and wouldn't be without it. As I said before, if I could justify use from this, I would not hesistate to have it, especially given the dearth of approproately handed rifles.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

The mod looks like an older Pess to me.

Neil.

SD Regular
    Good call Neil - that was my first impression, but odd there are no distinguishing marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Good call Neil - that was my first impression, but odd there are no distinguishing marks.
    Older ones didn't have an easily visible mark, the only give away is the knurled rear cap.

Neil.