Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eccentric moderator

Eccentric moderator

I use a T8 and my only complaint is it's diameter.It is probobly all in my mind but i cant help thinking it gets in
    the way of my scope.
    Does anyone make an eccentric moderator,that sits partially below the barrel,interfering with the sight picture
    similar to a 35mm,with the moderating effect of a 50mm?

Tiff

Never seen one, and it would be difficult if not impossible to make sure it tightened on the shoulder at the right position, unless a full custom moderator and barrel thread.
    What about a Pess at 38 mm diameter, and lighter than the T8 ?

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Never seen one, and it would be difficult if not impossible to make sure it tightened on the shoulder at the right position, unless a full custom moderator and barrel thread.
    What about a Pess at 38 mm diameter, and lighter than the T8 ?

Neil.
    Not that difficult to make just needs a little extra 'time' in manufacturing.
    If you look back at the history of sound suppressors going back to Maxim you will see that the offset style was in fact quite common and by inference not that difficult to make.
    When mounted the thread 'timing' can be controlled by machining the shoulder contact of the mod or using a crush washer.

What calibre are you looking to moderate? ..... our standard mod (non magnum) is 38mm for up to 6.5mm

Quote Originally Posted by TIFFY264 View Post
    I use a T8 and my only complaint is it's diameter.It is probobly all in my mind but i cant help thinking it gets in
    the way of my scope.
    Does anyone make an eccentric moderator,that sits partially below the barrel,interfering with the sight picture
    similar to a 35mm,with the moderating effect of a 50mm?

Tiff
    Sell it and buy a pes t12 mate, oh and it wont rot to bits either,as a bonus.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    JET Z SIMPLES.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Not that difficult to make just needs a little extra 'time' in manufacturing.
    If you look back at the history of sound suppressors going back to Maxim you will see that the offset style was in fact quite common and by inference not that difficult to make.
    When mounted the thread 'timing' can be controlled by machining the shoulder contact of the mod or using a crush washer.
    Whatever way it is made it isn't going to be a buy it and fit it proposition like a normal mod.
    As for a crush washer, well that will work until it is crushed a few times, and then the stop position will move.
    (or did you mean a machined solid spacer to act as a stop)

Neil.

Whatever way it is made it isn't going to be a buy it and fit it proposition like a normal mod.
    As for a crush washer, well that will work until it is crushed a few times, and then the stop position will move.
    (or did you mean a machined solid spacer to act as a stop)

Neil.
    Well I'm an engineer and I know how to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Well I'm an engineer and I know how to do it...
    Good for you, I just pretend to be as I only have 25 years in as a miller.
    A crush washer will crush more each time it is crushed, a solid spacer won't, but will need initial setting up or sizing.

Neil.

Good for you, I just pretend to be as I only have 25 years in as a miller.
    A crush washer will crush more each time it is crushed, a solid spacer won't, but will need initial setting up or sizing.

Neil.

Well I don't pretend to make moderators.