Eccentric moderator

TIFFY264

I use a T8 and my only complaint is it's diameter.It is probobly all in my mind but i cant help thinking it gets in
the way of my scope.
Does anyone make an eccentric moderator,that sits partially below the barrel,interfering with the sight picture
similar to a 35mm,with the moderating effect of a 50mm?

Tiff

Never seen one, and it would be difficult if not impossible to make sure it tightened on the shoulder at the right position, unless a full custom moderator and barrel thread.
What about a Pess at 38 mm diameter, and lighter than the T8 ?

Neil. :)

Never seen one, and it would be difficult if not impossible to make sure it tightened on the shoulder at the right position, unless a full custom moderator and barrel thread.
What about a Pess at 38 mm diameter, and lighter than the T8 ?

Not that difficult to make just needs a little extra 'time' in manufacturing.
If you look back at the history of sound suppressors going back to Maxim you will see that the offset style was in fact quite common and by inference not that difficult to make.
When mounted the thread 'timing' can be controlled by machining the shoulder contact of the mod or using a crush washer.

I use a T8 and my only complaint is it's diameter.It is probobly all in my mind but i cant help thinking it gets in
the way of my scope.
Does anyone make an eccentric moderator,that sits partially below the barrel,interfering with the sight picture
similar to a 35mm,with the moderating effect of a 50mm?

Tiff
Sell it and buy a pes t12 mate, oh and it wont rot to bits either,as a bonus.

Not that difficult to make just needs a little extra 'time' in manufacturing.
If you look back at the history of sound suppressors going back to Maxim you will see that the offset style was in fact quite common and by inference not that difficult to make.
When mounted the thread 'timing' can be controlled by machining the shoulder contact of the mod or using a crush washer.

Whatever way it is made it isn't going to be a buy it and fit it proposition like a normal mod.
As for a crush washer, well that will work until it is crushed a few times, and then the stop position will move.
(or did you mean a machined solid spacer to act as a stop)

Whatever way it is made it isn't going to be a buy it and fit it proposition like a normal mod.
As for a crush washer, well that will work until it is crushed a few times, and then the stop position will move.
(or did you mean a machined solid spacer to act as a stop)

Well I'm an engineer and I know how to do it...

Well I'm an engineer and I know how to do it...

Good for you, I just pretend to be as I only have 25 years in as a miller.
A crush washer will crush more each time it is crushed, a solid spacer won't, but will need initial setting up or sizing.

Good for you, I just pretend to be as I only have 25 years in as a miller.
A crush washer will crush more each time it is crushed, a solid spacer won't, but will need initial setting up or sizing.

Well I don't pretend to make moderators.

Well i guess no one makes one then?.Cheers for the replies but i've just read an old review
by PIGGLET and the Third Eye Spartan looks quite tasty.

Back