Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LIDL NV add on project!

LIDL NV add on project!

I like this thing, cheap and cheerful, good clear picture but it is too long and too high mag for use as an add
    on
    I have a yukon 22mm lens which works well to bring it down to x1.5 or so

I decided to strip one of the unit and found the guts are very compact. With digital lenses the packaging need not be so long :

so I nipped into Maplin for a component box, drilled three holes in it for front and rear lens and one for the IR
    packed it all in and it now looks like this:

with occular lens:

I am now on the hunt for a 39.5mm threaded CCTV lens that is shorter than the Yukon!

I just have to drill a couple more holes for the switches, AV out and the tapped holes for an additional laser

IR needs to be sunk a little further IMO

DSA comes next
    Last edited by bewsher500; 06-12-2012 at 16:41.

SD Regular
    That's extremely impressive Bewsh.

One thought - if you use a' standard' lens, you may then be able to use a standard DSA? (Thinking Yukon here for cost) - looking forward to the next instalment - at this rate you'll be in production quicker than Clive Ward....!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I havent found a DSA for the yukon (mainly as I have not looked yet!)
    It has a sloped front section so I am not sure how secure it would be
    I would prefer a shorter stubbier and parallel sided lens for ease of use and fitment

trouble is the thread pitch and size is a pain to match

I am wondering if it might not be easier removing the threaded collar from the objective lens and fixing the lens ot one compatible with industry C Mount or similar lenses.
    those lenses are cheaper than the Yukon too!

on the DSA I can even screw something to the outside of the housing now!

[QUOTE=Eric the Red;483047]That's extremely impressive Bewsh.

One thought - if you use a' standard' lens, you may then be able to use a standard DSA? (Thinking Yukon here for cost) - looking forward to the next instalment - at this rate you'll be in production quicker than Clive Ward....!!

Aha was with Clive last week and he showed me his prototype which will be in production very soon....

its actually a 40mm lens fitting now I measure it.
    decided to chop up the yukon lens as most of the housing is redundant

looks like this now!:

leaves a flush straight sided collar to mount the DSA and knocks about 2cm off the length

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    Aha was with Clive last week and he showed me his prototype which will be in production very soon....
    .....as he has been saying for some months....!! Let's hope the wait is worth it.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    its actually a 40mm lens fitting now I measure it.
    decided to chop up the yukon lens as most of the housing is redundant

looks like this now!:

leaves a flush straight sided collar to mount the DSA and knocks about 2cm off the length
    So the question now is, how compact can you make that with the CCD housing on the back.
    Looking forward to seeing how it performs

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    .....as he has been saying for some months....!! Let's hope the wait is worth it.

Does Clive ever reply to emails because I have received.........................0
    ​" How Much !"

bet it isnt 100 though!

So the question now is, how compact can you make that with the CCD housing on the back.
    Looking forward to seeing how it performs
    Well at least a 3rd of this is inside the threaded collar and 3mm is inside the ocular ring of the scope

I am working on under 9cm eye relief extension
    Think a different thinner housing would drop that to under 8cm and if I can get busy with a cutter I can take 10-11mm off the front of the lens as it is now.

ideally, if you work on the principle of 7-10cm of normal eye relief on the day scope and about 1-2 cm on the Bresser.
    if I can get the unit to between 8-9cm you should theoretically be able to use it with normal cheek weld...or as near as makes no difference

Very funny!
    In my travels and googling of the Bresser components I have discovered that the lens components in the 99 Bresser are identical to the 300 Yukon digital Ranger!