Thread: Sight adjustments

Sight adjustments

Hi, I am after some advice. I have a military background and understanding of rifles and adjustments. I have recently bought a sight with adjustable target turrets in 1/4 minute clicks. I am sure this equates to 6mm (approx) per click adjustment at 100m. Am I right in saying this will double at 200m (12mm) treble at 300m (18mm) ? and so on? answers on a post card please?
    Thanks
    Steve

If they are 1/4" clicks it will be at 100 yards not meters, so 4 clicks to the inch (25.4mm).
    Yes it will double at 200 yards, i.e. 1/2" per click at 200 yards.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Hi, I am after some advice. I have a military background and understanding of rifles and adjustments. I have recently bought a sight with adjustable target turrets in 1/4 minute clicks. I am sure this equates to 6mm (approx) per click adjustment at 100m. Am I right in saying this will double at 200m (12mm) treble at 300m (18mm) ? and so on? answers on a post card please?
    Thanks
    Steve
    Steve
    Understanding Minutes of Angle (MOA) Daily Bulletin
    Minute of arc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ~7.25 mm more like it at 100m, but it's a bit odd to mix metric and imperial measurements?
    Regards JCS

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Thanks
    Steve
    In a wind and gravity free universe... Yes.

In our world... and in the absence of cross winds only the "windage" or lateral (ie. left to right) adjustment holds to that rule.

1/4 moa will adjust POI approx 0.25 inches at 100 Yrds.

100 meters is 109 yrds so the calculation error will increase the further you shoot.

Easiest thing to do with a MOA scope is use yrds to range find and to calculate adjustments.

ATB
    Alan

Thanks for all the advice, I hadnt thought about the metres/yards difference. I can switch the range finder to yards and go imperial. Just need to adjust my range firing point to fit. Will try it out tommorow.
    ATB
    Steve

Thanks for the video link that explains it perfectly
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    In a wind and gravity free universe... Yes.

In our world... and in the absence of cross winds only the "windage" or lateral (ie. left to right) adjustment holds to that rule.
    My dear fellow, are you feeling quite well?

Are you suggesting that the rules of geometry are under the influence of gravity and the wind?