No stalking next week?

Surely they are more likely to be on the move if it's cold as they have to feed to keep warm. It's just a matter of being in the right place?

Hoping to be out myself end of next week. I would think that the dry cold air from the east would be just what we need. Some cold to get them feeding and dry so they should get out from under the trees into the sheltered spots. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

I think theyll lie low for a day or 2 but hunger will soon drive them out especially once the sun comes out above the tree line. Im out sunday morn so here's hoping....

Nutty

I know they need to eat but the easterly effects the roe deer there is no doubt in that. I might just leave the deer till next year now an hope for a warm spell from the west or should i say wet spell.

They still need to eat is it just the stalkers are a bit soft:lol:
My mate the lucky ba----d is going to the hill next week and it fill with deer on an east wind bet he has some good stalking I am green with envy

East wind is poor for me the deer are a lot harder to find just need to put more time on the ground,some ground's suit east winds and i find reds don't bother the same as roe.

Well this thread is filling me with confidence....! I have two stalks booked for Monday hoping to Christen my first rifle.

Hoping to be out myself end of next week. I would think that the dry cold air from the east would be just what we need. Some cold to get them feeding and dry so they should get out from under the trees into the sheltered spots. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

.....after last weekend's temperatures mate, anything over here should feel f***kin' tropical!! ;)

Well I'll be out for the weekend think I'll take an extra sleeping bag as I'll be sleeping under a plastic sheet in the woods out on my patch. Last year managed to sleep out at -11C. If nothing else it's a weekend of peace
Wingy

Should be a walk in the park. Looks like Thursday and the temp is low. So will be getting about half the gear out.which should keep me warm. Hopefully I'll get the cross hairs on something.

Back