Thread: mentor duration for .243

mentor duration for .243

Hi guys,

I know nothing seems set in stone with the different FSEL departments on what condition's you can & can't get on your FAC. But can anyone please advise me on the duration that Essex police like you to be mentored for on a .243. (I spoke to one guy today at my local FSEL department & he said they like it to be at least 2yrs) Yet I know people who have had no mentor or have had there condition removed within a year or less for there .243 or .308 with Essex police. So his statement seems a bit inconsistent to what I've seen happen.

I have had my .243 for a year at the end of this month and as it's my first centre fire. I have a condition on my FAC 'only whilst accompanied by an experienced shot'. Which was fine with me. I have been going out on a regular basis foxing. I know feel ready & comfortable that I'm ready to have this condition removed as do the people I go out regularly with.

What would be the best approach ??? ( I was thinking 2 letters from the guys I regularly shoot with)

Thanks

A simple letter signed by both of the guys you shoot with, Just stating their opinion with regard to your safe handling and knowledge of backstops etc should be enough,
    The firearms dept just want to pass on the responsibility to someone else. The letter does that for them.

All the best
    Sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

I'm in essex also and had my FAC granted with a similar condition to you this march (think it was march). They removed the accompanied condition after 3 weeks when I passed my DSC1.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I'm in essex also and had my FAC granted with a similar condition to you this march (think it was march). They removed the accompanied condition after 3 weeks when I passed my DSC1.
    +1