Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up fc job

Heads up fc job

For those interestad FC Wales are looking for a trainnee wildlife ranger for forest protection 2 posts advertised look on vacancies in Wales on thier web site

Good Luck

Paul D

Trainee !! With the experience required in the job description i think its a bit more than a trainee post. You'll require several college/university qualifications and lots of hands on experience too. Salary is pretty crap also

i could go for this job easy but it would mean i take a 4k pay cut i love shooting but not loseing money ps plus i dont speak welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Trainee !! With the experience required in the job description i think its a bit more than a trainee post. You'll require several college/university qualifications and lots of hands on experience too. Salary is pretty crap also
    They are looking for a fully qualified person who is willing to work for trainee wages
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Ye you've got it Si ------ bl**dy check to offer a crap salary like that.

I looked at this, and like most others thought its not a trainee position. Required qualifications and experience mean that theres very little professional qualifications left to gain.
    Welsh speaking isnt a must have, but you must be able to speak a little and not *******ise place names like I do, much to my other halfs disgust!!!

Its already been filled !

the FC have to advertise any jobs they have going , and you can almose guarentee its been filled internally , so i wouldnt get excited !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I think they may be having problems filling the posts. Originally there were two trainee posts advertised on the FC website about two months ago. In last weeks Shooting Times the trainee position based in Resolven was re advertised. Suspect the salary is putting most people off, only usefull if the applicant is unemployed at the mo, plus it is only an 18month contract with the possibility of being made permanent. I'm not sure what has changed, but with the old system the Ranger/protection officers were recruited internally and trained in house.

It would not be advertised externally if it had already been filled internally (why go to the expense?)(possibility someone internal might apply to an externally advertised post, internal recruitment probably already tried though). It might lead to a Wildlife Ranger post, and those jobs are like hens teeth now. FC staff will be retiring and many many taking vol' redundancy due Govt' cut backs. They can't determine where gaps open up and have a commitment to manage wildlife/deer. They have almost 100% block on recruiting at present.

If the work appeals, it isn't all about money. Have a punt.

270 I applied for this job and my 22 years experience of stalking/Hunting& game keeping and all the other experience i have gained in all the different jobs i have done around the world, also willing to take a 10k ayear pay cut i still did not get the job,, i think and this is my opinion it is a requirement for them to go externally and advertise, these jobs are already filled either internally or it's a case of who you know not what you know,,
    VikingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-12 18.14.23.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	456.4 KB 
ID:	26962