Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: never heard anything like this before

never heard anything like this before

Hi all ,

I have just spoke to a chap who was going to be charged 10 per hour for a gundealer to advise him on what firearms he needs , is this normal practice.

regards
    chris

A fool and his money.....
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Hi all ,

I have just spoke to a chap who was going to be charged 10 per hour for a gundealer to advise him on what firearms he needs , is this normal practice.

regards
    chris
    I can't believe anyone in their right mind would pay this. More to the point I can't understand why a gundealer would ask anyone to pay either - surely it's just good sales practice?

Unless of course they know the customer already and he's a timewaster (and they just want to put him off).

things must be very desperate to charge someone for verbal advice.

I'll do it for 7.50 an hour!!!!!
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

F**k me....wish I had thought of that!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Hi all ,

regards
    chris
    On the surface this sounds very odd indeed, and is certainly not something I've ever heard about being done elsewhere. How many hours can it possibly take?

On the other hand, if he's willing to put pen to paper it may help the guy if he has problems getting his Firearms department to give him the necessary slots on his FAC.

The invoice should come to around 40p then!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

10 per hour for professional advice seems remarkably cheap, we really need to know the context. atb Tim

maybe it's his way of cutting down on time wasting by a habitual culprit
    a barony original