Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: talking rubbish about how to kill deer.. A rant

talking rubbish about how to kill deer.. A rant

RANT - Is it just me or do some people just need to pisz off? I won't claim to shoot as many deer as some guys on here but I shoot a fair few and I'm happy about that. What's starting to get on my tits is the people claiming that their new super flat calibre with v-max or a-max or some other ***** is so much better than a bullet actually designed to kill deer

Did I miss something or do some of the latest generation stalkers think they have just invented stalking I don't think so. To me it's pretty simple or so I would have thought. Put a bullet in the forward chest that punches through the vital organs and makes it out the other side and a deer falls over pretty quick. Shoot it well in the head or neck a close range and the deer just falls on the spot. Do I need a suck-my-knob-max in 80grains to do that... no! Any normal bullet designed to kill deer would be just fine!

I guess my rant is about this.... us guys that have done it for a while do it just fine with a normal rifle and proper deer bullets or in park on sensitive cases may actually use frangible gear like v-max with justification. Just cause a noob has seen v-max head shooting on youtube tv doesn't change a generation of deer hunting that was doing just fine before some dick that's shot maybe 3 deer tells me I'm 'behind the times' and 'I'm not thinking about meat hygiene by chest shooting' and the best bit... '308 isn't good enough to make THOSE shots at 200m anyway, you'd need a 25-06' what the hell is wrong with these people that think this way and think that head shooting at range is what stalking is about?!.

As you may have guessed I ran into an expert that really was a **** and he wound me up.

paul i know what you mean i shoot a very old caliber (7x64) and dead is dead.

regards
    chris

I hear what your saying some people recon i'v been using the wrong arrows to shoot my deer and my humain dispatch hammer isn't good enough because it doesn't have a hickory handle.

(I joke of course, I would much rather learn from someone with on ground tryed and tested methods than rely on something from youtube)

As you may have guessed I ran into an expert that really was a **** and he wound me up.
    Sounds like he done a good job to !!! as a matter of interest do you use open sights ?? as telescopics are the way forward

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Too many internet and armchair stalkers who are more interested in guns and gadgets!

Quote Originally Posted by 177landy View Post
    telescopics are the way forward
    that's a matter of opinion surely, they should be banned as unsporting aids to shooting deer

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    that's a matter of opinion surely, they should be banned as unsporting aids to shooting deer
    Surely if it aids a better and more accurate shot they should be used

Paul i think you are wrong with this post everything moves forward and improves. I remember my first mobile phone it was in a briefcase and now it fits in my pocket. I remember my first rifle many moons ago it was a BRNO fox and while it was a good rilfe it had its faults .I now have a full synthetic teflon coated 202 with flutes that don't play the sash. I shoot SST,s Because they are better than the old sierra hollow points at putting deer down on the spot.
    I don't know about you but progress is a good thing but i do worry about the skill being removed from our Passion.
    A bit like non drip gloss to the painting trade.

"suck-my -knob max"

now...ahem.."coff coff" sounds like a bullet i could get the wife to buy

any chance you can tell me where you can get them ? and do they come in 100grns in .25-06

hear where yer coming from

dinnae let it bother you....feck em

paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Paul get yourself something else to think about ,catch your bell end in your zip that will give you something that will remove the fools from your mind that will stay with you for days .

There are huge amounts of armchair stalkers that never, have the head out of the stats on this and that, the world is full of these types and always will be fact of life just humour them .

Ive listened to these people for years ,until they do there level two or go on a course deer related then you find them out ,when they cannot answer the basic everyday questions ,BECAUSE there not SITTING by the Computer with all the answers ,low and behold walter mitty strikes again.

Deer stalking can only be done by getting on the ground and doing it ,you cannot read a book watch a dvd etc and learn how to , the good bits are not the deer being shot it is finding them, and using the knowledge you have gained over the months and years to have that ability to stalk and shoot them,something many armchair stalkers will never learn .