Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Moderators

I am thinking of replacing my T8 with either a Jetz Compact or a Roedale. I am undecided which to go for and I'm was wanting feed back from people that use them. I know the Roedale is lightest, but which is the slimest and puts the least length on the barrel. I have not seen either in the flesh.
    Thanks in advanced.
    Yorksjt

While acknowledging that people may not like their 'x or y?' threads being answered 'why not z?':

Have you considered a Northstar? I worry less about weight than about added length, and the Northstar adds only 4", being a bushless reflex-type design.

I have a Jet-z and an AU-SL5 - see my gallery. I prefer the AU-SL5. See also S Series SL5 vaimennin | Ase Utra Regards JCS

I have all three.

The Northstar is definitely the quietest. But very heavy.

The Jet Z is good, but also heavy. The Roedale is the best compromise between weight and effectiveness.

We had an unscientific comparison between the CMN4 and the Roedale a few weeks ago on a 260 and two 6.5's. Everyone agreed the Roedale was the quietest.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Our new S series all stainless may fit the bill...
    Diameter 38mm
    Length in front of muzzle 138mm
    Weight 400g

Feel free to contact me for further details

regards

Colin

I would suggest you contact RIFLECRAFT about thier new import from NZ saw one at a take they gave a few weeks ago they are really featherweight shorter than most @£300 they really looked impressive If was changeing I would get one tomorrow.tried to get one on test and told I was Cheeky!

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    I would suggest you contact RIFLECRAFT about thier new import from NZ saw one at a take they gave a few weeks ago they are really featherweight shorter than most @£300 they really looked impressive If was changeing I would get one tomorrow.tried to get one on test and told I was Cheeky!
    +1 ... It's a Hardy Gen IV and I've just got one for my 6.5x55. Lost 55% of the weight of my old T8, and 60mm shorter. Checking zero with it on Weds so will post further thoughts

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

YORKSJT, I have just traded in for warranty exchange with Jackson Rifles on my old T8 for CMM4 on .243. (Jacksons rifles give 40% off for any new mod they sell for your old T8).

It is longer and may be a bit louder (not very much at all) but it is alot lighter and I love it.

not experienced the Roedale but heard good things about them.

ATB

TTG

Thanks for your replies.
    I have seen a Jet z second hand with led me to look at comparisons but with it I have started stretching my budget.
    Have you got a link to info on the S series please Colin?

Yorksjt