Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Week Another New Butler Creek cover

Another Week Another New Butler Creek cover

Is it just me or are the Butler creek covers absolutely crap nowadays?. I've gone through 6 this year!! all snapping at the hinges. I've got a set on an old scope and their at least 13 years old and no sign of any snapping.

Established Poster
    View my Gallery (3)View my Gallery (3)
    No, not just you !
    I tried modifying a new objective lens cover so that it would slip under the very narrow gap between barrel and scope.
    It goes on but won't close. So, I close it and put it on and it won't open.
    Probably doesn't matter because I'm expecting it to break anyway.....An tips @
    Cheers
    Alan

Timely, I just did another one last night, I was going to start a post, they are such a good idea and so useful when it hissing down I cant understand why someone does not make one that can at least survive being slid into a slip.

Is there an alternative better make of these?

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

German plug extensions for using in outdoor conditions like hedge trimmer extension leads work very well with 48-50mm objectives as they are completely made of EPDM (the rubberlike stuff they make the liners from for car gloveboxes) and they only cost 6 euros = strip it down and you still have a usefull plug too.
    Mine has been going three years now and is as new and it also clips shut GERMAN ENGINEERING!!!!
    Martin

Get an accucover

Quote Originally Posted by ELRIG View Post
    Is it just me or are the Butler creek covers absolutely crap nowadays?. I've gone through 6 this year!! all snapping at the hinges. I've got a set on an old scope and their at least 13 years old and no sign of any snapping.
    Yes, I too have just had a BC cover snap off a new Bushnell scope. atb Tim

My 1 week old butler creek cover snapped at the hinge two days ago. Not impressed!!!

atb

Rob
    243Sako

Quote Originally Posted by KMCK View Post
    Get an accucover
    Tried those, lasted a bit longer than the butler Creeks, but then the little plastic release catch pinged right out!
    I've now bought metal Swarovski ones which cost 62 each end! Sounds a lot, but they are fantastic and come with a Swaro warranty. When you add up the cost of getting through a few BC's each year it makes sense. I also like equipment that I can rely on!
    MS

Yep BC's are crap! broke mine on first outing!!

I have some bc covers that are years old still going strong but the new ones are crap maybe bc have changed the manufacturer but they have gone down hill in my eyes
    Even went on bc website to voice my concerns but cannot find a contact for them directly
    Regards Andy