Thread: Sullem Voe and the shetlands

Sullem Voe and the shetlands

Are there any shooting opertunities in this area, are deer present on shetland
    Many thanks In advance
    TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

we have no deer on Shetland ,geese plenty, blue hare, grouse ,some sea cliff areas are over run with rabbit ,seal shooting is now all under licence,there is no market now for seal products ,at one time sealing made most of my income. as for Sullom voe oil terminal no shooting in the area they are very sensitive about the wild life otters ducks ,several people are employed filming, counting and so no ,to promote a super clean oil free inviroment ,bird watching and wild life watching are a large part of the shetland tourist industry ,at times the hill are alive with twitchers ,usualy at a time when we leave the birds in peace to rear there brood .
    Last edited by bruce w; 09-12-2012 at 10:23.

I was up there working at the terminal back along and asked the question whether there are deer and I was told no, not one on the island. I stand to be corrected but that was what I've been told... As for other shooting I'm not sure how easy it will be to secure any but there must be some wildfowling.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post
    we have no deer on Shetland ,geese plenty, blue hare, grouse ,some sea cliff areas are over run with rabbit ,seal shooting is now all under licence,there is no market now for seal products ,at one time sealing made most of my income. as for Sullom voe oil terminal no shooting in the area they are very sensitive about the wild life otters ducks ,several people are employed filming, counting and so no ,to promote a super clean oil free inviroment
    Ah there you go are posts must have crossed. Bruce W you live in a spectacular place, many a happy memory up there.