Thread: police reviews

police reviews

with the hampshire police now asking the bds and outher shooting organisations to help with a review into renewals and applications and all the bits and bobs that go with it. is this review going to be acted upon or will it just end up in the bin? or will the findings help to change the way outher police forces run their firearm departments?. as hampshire police must have the worst record on renewals and applications in the uk is this just desprate measures to help them out of their mess.

I understand that Hampshire police are conducting an internal review with the aim of making the whole process more efficient. atb Tim

been waiting more than 10 years for that to happen . the problem was the ( small man mr-G ). it must be bad for hampshire to have to ask for help to review its process . will it speed things up i dont know as you may well know its been the norm for renewals to take 4-5 mts some of the enquire officers have been real nice guys and know the system and more inportantly know the law.( lets hope we dont have to wait years to find out if its made the process any better )

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    been waiting more than 10 years for that to happen . the problem was the ( small man mr-G ). it must be bad for hampshire to have to ask for help to review its process . will it speed things up i dont know as you may well know its been the norm for renewals to take 4-5 mts some of the enquire officers have been real nice guys and know the system and more inportantly know the law.( lets hope we dont have to wait years to find out if its made the process any better )
    I do understand that a little obstruction had to be dealt with.atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    with the hampshire police now asking the bds and outher shooting organisations to help with a review into renewals and applications and all the bits and bobs that go with it. is this review going to be acted upon or will it just end up in the bin? or will the findings help to change the way outher police forces run their firearm departments?. as hampshire police must have the worst record on renewals and applications in the uk is this just desprate measures to help them out of their mess.
    Not before time!

Martin

Why don't they simply speak to thier nieghbours in Wiltshire who are superb and quick. I believe there are or have been certain god like persanalities in Hampshire who have run the whole thing as a personal power trip.

so im told one of the small god like personalitys has been removed thing may be looking up we shall see. i do hope hampshire are reading all the negative posts.

Good news and bad news.

Firstly the good news for everyone who lives within the Hampshire and Isle of Wight area, MR G is not currently supervising firearms licensing and someone else is reviewing procedures within the Hants FLD to try to clear the backlog and I understand make the whole Dept. more user friendly.

Here is the bad news, in fact exceptionally bad news for anyone who currently deals with an efficient user friendly FLD. Mr G has, so I am lead to believe, been seconded to ACPO to advise on firearms licensing!

So get used to the idea of lengthy delays in grants, renewals and variations, and worse still unnecessary pettifogging nitpicking when it comes to Chief of Polices "additional conditions" which have been added purely to cause inconvenience and have no bearing on crime prevention or public safety whatsoever

Sorry to have to be so gloomy in the festive season, atb Tim