Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Left Handed 223

Left Handed 223

I am looking for a LEFT HANDED bolt action 223 rifle. I have done the usual Guntrader, Gunstar and Gunmart trawl without spotting anything I really fancy. I am hoping someone might have one gathering dust in a cabinet or have spotted a good one tucked away on their local dealers shelves etc.

It will be used for shooting more targets (for fun) than foxes/deer and anything from a sporter to a varmint rifle would be considered.

I am quite open minded in terms of make, model and age - as long as it is in good condition. Lets face it us lefties are a bit restricted anyway and I am willing to consider almost all options.

So what is hiding out there? I suppose I should add for less than 750 or so!

Please ping me a PM if you know of anything appropriate.

Many thanks,

hh

Hi -Try Mike at Calton Moor
    I bought my L/H Remington 700 from him and he was most helpful
    He is located in Derbyshire

Thanks for that.

I've already been to see Mike and looked at a couple of 223's he had at the time. The guns were good, just not the ones for me. He was indeed a very helpful and friendly bloke - who made a good cup of tea too!

Anyone know of owt else out there?

Cheers,

hh

So is that tikka 595 still avaiable at Carlton Moor - if so I'd seriously look at that.

Personally I've got a CZ527 American in .223 and wouldn't swap it for anything - you could get a new one for 750...while it's not a target taper barrel it's deadly accurate with handloads and is a pleasure to shoot.

Hi Toaster,

Mike had the SH Tikka and a new CZ when I paid him a visit. Both good guns but neither felt right for me. In my experience I tend to know if a gun feels right for me when I pick it up. I doubt I will ever part with my LH Tikka 243, might rebarrel it to 260, but won't sell it as I like the feel of it.

Thanks for the info on your CZ though.

hh

I can throughly recommend the CZ527. I have the left hand American version in 223, lightweight, accurate and with a T4 mod, you don't really need ear defenders. Excellent walkabout/lamping fox rifle, puts 55 gn VMaxs almost through one hole at 100 yds.
    You won't be disappointed
    Peter

Thanks Peter,

Been out for a mooch around my local dealers today, but nothing doing.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the likes of an older Tikka or a CZ would be the way to go, but I'd consider others such as a Remmy.

hh

There is a second hand tikka t3 in mcavoy guns that is left handed. Used Centerfire rifles

my mate is selling a tikka 595 done barely a box of rounds its in the plucky pheasant cumbria labelled up as a t3 ive told then its a 595 but still havnt changed the label on it its up for 550 with a scope nowt fancy a tasco its screw cut as well may even have a mod as part of package

Quote Originally Posted by swatty View Post
    my mate is selling a tikka 595 done barely a box of rounds its in the plucky pheasant cumbria labelled up as a t3 ive told then its a 595 but still havnt changed the label on it its up for 550 with a scope nowt fancy a tasco its screw cut as well may even have a mod as part of package
    Hey Swatty...is that a lefty?