Thread: Is there any 20X47 Lapua users out there!!

Is there any 20X47 Lapua users out there!!

Hello guys

Thinking of joiniing the 20 calibre bandwagon! and so i spoke to my gunsmith and he suggests two things, he can convert my T3 223 into a switch barrel so it can be used either as a 223 with original barrel or a new barrelled 20 practical (aware of legalities) due to the amount of 223 brass I have.

He had one more suggestion that as got my attention!!!and that was using a donor action and a 20x47 Lapua calibre barrel! I said okay I will do some googling to find out a bit more about this calibre! but can't really find much about it on the Internet apart from a book by Todd Kindler in the US, is there anybody on the forum that has first-hand experience with the 20X47 Lapua or any information that can help me on my merry way to fox control,

Kindest regards and merry christmas SD
    Garry
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

20x47 Lapua, or 20 Satan as it is known by Bruce Potts is a ferocious little cartridge, It is massively overbore for a .20

Unless you are interested in launching High BC bullets out of fast twist barrels then 20x47 is a bit of a waste. Saying that perhaps you are just in the market for an expensive toy requiring lots of brass prep, in which case fill your boots!

I would suggest 20BR as a practical maximum in the .20's if you can find a suitable donor action to feed it from. Otherwise the .20 Practical or .20 Tactical will both be excellent choices for what you want to do, witht he .20 Tactical being a particular favourite of mine.

Tikka m595 action with 22/250 mag will feed 20 br case perfect.
    If it was me I would go 20 practical. You have lots of brass and look up the reviews on the br forum.
    Superb accuracy and easy loading

As my user name suggests, I have been down the massively overbore 20 calibre road.
    I now have a 20 Tac. Need I say more?

I like the 20 Tac, 20 Prac would probably be easier for you though, or a 17-223.........

No one has mentioned the .20 Vartarg yet so i will, IMO and that of a couple of my buddies its is the most balanced of all the .20 cal cartridges, it would be my choice.

Ian.

I would have but he has lots of 223 brass to use.