Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: explanation wanted .

explanation wanted .

I have stalked forestry land in the borders for approx 16 years plenty of rides 4 clear fells with on going cutting back and re planting. on 1 of the rides away from the cutting back a wind blown tree flat on the ride; not unusual. but on 1 side of the tree there were roe droppings by the bucket full i have never seen this before. AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THE ANSWER TO THIS OR HAVE YOU SEEN THE SAME.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Shelter from the prevailing wind direction? Roe using the shelter from the tree to cross the ride......No idea, I have never heard of it or indeed seen it before.TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

sounds like a good place to put a high seat
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

THANKS TARTINJOCK but well shellted from any bad weather due to the trees that have not yet been felled should have taken pic,s with phone.

Are you sure you have no sheep on the ground?

Some times if the food source is pour the fallen tree will provide much needed nourishment from the now near to the ground foliage and also most ivy or anything else that was on the bark or branches.

Schienallion.thanks for your reply 40 years in this game roe and sheep ****, i do now the difference but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Some times if the food source is pour the fallen tree will provide much needed nourishment from the now near to the ground foliage and also most ivy or anything else that was on the bark or branches.
    I think you hit nail on the head .I see this every time a tree goes down with ivy on it in the winter. But i mostly work with fallow.

Could just be a place a family of roe use to lay up
    regards andy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Schienallion.thanks for your reply 40 years in this game roe and sheep ****, i do now the difference but thank you.
    What is the difference between deer and sheep droppings in your opinion?