Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounts/rings for Tikka M595

Mounts/rings for Tikka M595

Hi

Bit of a long shot this one but...

Does anyone have a set of 1 inch scope compatible mounts for an M595 they want to part with? I've got the rifle (thanks Jonty, top man) and I've got an old schmidt 6x42 on my .22 that I can stick on top, just need some mounts. I'm desperate to get out and give it a try during a few days off over the Xmas period, but reluctant to shell out top dollar at this time of year for a pair of new Optilocks etc.

Cosmetics not important, function and cheapness is! I'm looking for something reliable but shoddy looking to tide me over a few trips out. (Although knowing me, it'll stay on there forever!)

I know, I know, I want the moon on a stick! No harm in asking though!

Thanks for looking

Tuck

Got a set of Angelocks and Warne mounts both 1" if interested for a tikka M590/595.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck1 View Post
    Cosmetics not important, function and cheapness is! I'm looking for something reliable but shoddy looking to tide me over a few trips out. (Although knowing me, it'll stay on there forever!)
    warne are great, manglelocks are terrible. talking from experience ;-)

Anglelocks were on the .222 for about 8 months and never left a mark and did me well but maybe just lucky and warnes as new in box as found out scope i bought was 26mm not 1".

Quote Originally Posted by flash222004 View Post
    Anglelocks were on the .222 for about 8 months and never left a mark and did me well but maybe just lucky and warnes as new in box as found out scope i bought was 26mm not 1".
    not lucky, you just installed them well ;-) ..install them badly and you'll soon notice too! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck1 View Post
    Hi

Bit of a long shot this one but...

Does anyone have a set of 1 inch scope compatible mounts for an M595 they want to part with? I've got the rifle (thanks Jonty, top man) and I've got an old schmidt 6x42 on my .22 that I can stick on top, just need some mounts. I'm desperate to get out and give it a try during a few days off over the Xmas period, but reluctant to shell out top dollar at this time of year for a pair of new Optilocks etc.

I know, I know, I want the moon on a stick! No harm in asking though!

Thanks for looking

Tuck
    Moon on a stick? A solid 'scope mounting isn't rocket science. All you need is symmetry, and a substantial clamping area to engage with the action mounted dovetails which TIKKA's have.

Although you've got the option of U.S. mountings, you don't have to worry about cheap workmanship .... there are no off-centre mounting holes, and tiny grubscrews to depend on. I had to use these on earlier Tikka models, but these were exactly aligned so worked equally well. With purpose built T3 clamp mounts these problems are over.

Save your money, and buy a set of these direct. See link below, and Google the best price .... there isn't anything cheaper that will do such a solid job.

http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/tikka.html

I use rifles so equipped every week. I've yet to meet a shooter equipped with Tikka Optilock and Warne mounts who could show tighter groups from any Tikka standard sporter. There are plenty of unwanted second-hand sets of unknown provenance around, but why bother with a brand name when there's an alternative. If looks matter more to you than function then 'Sportsmatch' won't do.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Might be interested in those warnes Flash, what height are they, and how much?

I have a set of brand new weaver bases for the 595, which will allow you your choice of mounts if interested?

Thanks for the input everyone, don't really want the bases alone thanks blitzking, just hoping to set it up in one foul swoop!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    HI TUCK
    Got a set of tikka 1 inch mediums that fit to the action. No messing with bases etc.

Pm sent.

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube