Thread: Pheasant in the feather

Pheasant in the feather

Hi folks. With the festive season galloping towards us - can anyone point me to a local shoot / estate that would be happy to offer pheasant in the feather direct from the shoot?

moran taing

ill post you one
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    ill post you one
    How much for a couple of brace?

nothing but they may get a bit sweaty
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Where abouts are u UI, (I'm guessing that's bearsden in Glasgow?)

I'm a bit closer but still 70 miles away, could get u some, but i wouldnae reccommend posting them.

I'd try asking about nearer to home, yellow pages down here still has a section for gamekeepers, or ask in some local gunshops even put a card/advert up saying ur just wantin a few brace, u might also get the chance of some other game too.

As for price, there not dear, i think i was told 1.50 for early season but cannae mind if that was a brace or per bird, (i've heard off it a lot lower than 1.50 a brace before) but will be cheaper now, all our game is used ourselves on the shoot so thats why not sure of prices

PS I sometimes head up to my mates on outskirts off glas wi game for him and his mrs, but dunno when i'd be up as generally busy either working or shooting/beating this time of year
    Last edited by countrryboy; 11-12-2012 at 07:38. Reason: ps

Well you could go shoot some yourself like we did today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carl  12.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	720.7 KB 
ID:	22338Or you must be able to get some local .
    Good luck woodfordfallow

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Where abouts are u UI, (I'm guessing that's bearsden in Glasgow?)

I'm a bit closer but still 70 miles away, could get u some, but i wouldnae reccommend posting them.

I'd try asking about nearer to home, yellow pages down here still has a section for gamekeepers, or ask in some local gunshops even put a card/advert up saying ur just wantin a few brace, u might also get the chance of some other game too.

As for price, there not dear, i think i was told 1.50 for early season but cannae mind if that was a brace or per bird, (i've heard off it a lot lower than 1.50 a brace before) but will be cheaper now, all our game is used ourselves on the shoot so thats why not sure of prices

PS I sometimes head up to my mates on outskirts off glas wi game for him and his mrs, but dunno when i'd be up as generally busy either working or shooting/beating this time of year
    It is Bearsden - just north of of Glasgow. Maybe I'm missing a trick but do I have any local gun shops as I've only dealt with glasgowfieldsports?

Quote Originally Posted by woodfordfallow View Post
    Well you could go shoot some yourself like we did today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carl  12.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	720.7 KB 
ID:	22338Or you must be able to get some local .
    Good luck woodfordfallow
    Now I'm sure you wouldn't possibly have posted that picture to make me jealous

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanIslander View Post
    Now I'm sure you wouldn't possibly have posted that picture to make me jealous
    Would you like some pigeon's Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bri kth  11 12.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	510.5 KB 
ID:	22354 If your a very good shot you could shoot your own.We shot these two weeks ago. woodfordfallow