Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crow and Corvids, Electronic Calls.

Crow and Corvids, Electronic Calls.

Has anybody had much experience with these. Feedback of either kind would be helpful. Which make was good, were there any good deals and was the kit complete or did you end up buying a lot of extras to make it work properly.

Many thanks,

David.

I assume your just planning to use it for photographing the birds or using a distress call to deter them from an area.

Please note under UK Laws electronic bird calls can only be used for 'Call Training' and photography only

They are really driving away the garden birds I feed. If I can attract the a bit further away that would be good.

David.

A farmers whos land our phesant syndicate shoots over has one, quite effective but its really loud (its a distress call to drive them away), I will ask him what make it is although if you have any neighbours within a few hundred meters it may not be the right solution for you.

I've tried scaring them away from my garden using a mini colabri with the magpie call on only it seems to attract all the corvids from miles around
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    I've tried scaring them away from my garden using a mini colabri with the magpie call on only it seems to attract all the corvids from miles around
    and while shooting that grey off the bird table a magpie flew into the path of the pellet -unlucky eh

unlucky I hit anything the way Ive been shooting lately!!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Ive had great succes calling corvids with my foxpro, whilst in a hide, and only a couple of decoys.
    Kev.

I used to tether a ferret with collar adjacent to a dead crow within shot of the hide.
    That really aggravated the devious black sods.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    I used to tether a ferret with collar adjacent to a dead crow within shot of the hide.
    That really aggravated the devious black sods.

HWH.

like it.