turret press

dropmdead

Hi all, i currently use a rock chucker press, but the good lady of the house has offered up some toys for Christmas......unfortunately a new Swarovski is out!

I was thinking of adding a Turret press to my reloading equipement (as my pressie), but know of no one that has one, or any experience of using.

Any recommendations on Redding/Forster/ RCBS etc?

Many thanks in advance

DMD

Hi all, i currently use a rock chucker press, but the good lady of the house has offered up some toys for Christmas......unfortunately a new Swarovski is out!

I was thinking of adding a Turret press to my reloading equipement (as my pressie), but know of no one that has one, or any experience of using.

Many thanks in advance

DMD

I use the Lyman turret press and I am happy with it, I haven't used any of the other makes so I couldn;t really say which is best. atb Tim

Many thanks in advance

DMD

Been using the Redding Turret Press for years and years with the Redding dies, I have 6.5 x 55 7x57 and .308 all in the press, just twist and select the desired cal. and away you go

Some may say that this type of press may cause inconsistancy in loads due to play in the Turret against the supporting pillar, well, all I can tell you is that the kit is so well made after literally thousands of rounds with various cals there is no play in the one that I have

In the past I`ve used Lee, and RCBS, both worked very well, but if your after a Turret Press then I would recomend the Redding Turret Press

Bob

Redding is probably the best of them. At least that is Sinclairs recommendation on the subject.

I purchased the Redding T7 last year, after about 15 years of using a Redding big boss (Now retro upgraded to BB 2) and I was concerned about concentricity/runout on the rounds produced on the T7. But after checking them, I found no difference in the loaded ammunition, I rarely use the big boss now. I have two turrets and the dies are left permanetly set up. Wish I'd bought one years ago now.

I always do away with the shell holder retaining clip on Redding presses, I read many years ago about this allowed more movement between the shell holder and the die to help self alignment, never really tested to see if it did improve things, but the logic seemed to be there. I used to use a rubber O ring to hold the shell holder in position, but it was always a pain to swap between shell holders, so I adapted the primer arm to holder the shell holder in position and can change the shell holders now in a split second, and it still allows the self alignment If you prime your cases on the press you obviously cant do this, but works for me.

Steve

Back