Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my bushnell Fake how to tell?

Is my bushnell Fake how to tell?

i have a bushnell 3x9x50 wide angle scope on the underside written in gold writing #(not engraved) it says 71-3950 then undenr that it says water resisatant then under that it says AQ then under that it says china

now someone has told me that bushnell is american and this scope is probably a fake cause it says china any one else any input to this ??

this scope i bought new from a gunsmith i paid 120 all that was in box was silly bit of paper about how to set rifle scope nothing about guarntee etc ohh and im suspecting that its knackerd thats why its throughing my shots all over the bit
    Last edited by robert1666; 12-12-2012 at 11:15.

I recently bought a new Bushnell, I think that may have been made in China with a silly bit of paper on how to set it up. You get identical instructions on the Bushnell website. However mine also came with a Bushnell guarantee/ registration card. atb Tim

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by robert1666 View Post
    i have a bushnell 3x9x40 wide angle scope on the underside written in gold writing #(not engraved) it says 71-3950 then undenr that it says water resisatant then under that it says AQ then under that it says china

now someone has told me that bushnell is american and this scope is probably a fake cause it says china any one else any input to this ??

this scope i bought new from a gunsmith i paid 120 all that was in box was silly bit of paper about how to set rifle scope nothing about guarntee etc ohh and im suspecting that its knackerd thats why its throughing my shots all over the bit
    Take it back with a big smile on your dace and ask for your money back,

not fit for purpose. simples.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Have you put it on a collimator to check if the windage and elevation is tracking as it should? Make sure it is the scope before demanding anything from the gunshop but if they are worth their salt they will want to sort the problem for you.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I recently bought a new Bushnell, I think that may have been made in China with a silly bit of paper on how to set it up. You get identical instructions on the Bushnell website. However mine also came with a Bushnell guarantee/ registration card. atb Tim
    Well mine never came with any guarantee card that's what's making me wonder and the gunsmith it came from is only a small workshop out his back door but if it is faulty I will take it back as you aren't allowed to sell counterfit goods rember this was 4 -5 years ago, however what I'm wanting to know is how do I tell if its a fake?

Well mine never came with any guarantee card that's what's making me wonder and the gunsmith it came from is only a small workshop out his back door but if it is faulty I will take it back as you aren't allowed to sell counterfit goods rember this was 4 -5 years ago, however what I'm wanting to know is how do I tell if its a fake?
    I've just taken a second look at the paperwork that came with it, this includes:-jj vickers & son ltd - authorised importers & distibuters guarantee card, US tasco registration card, Bushnell riflescope instructions (A3 size Glossy sheet, printed both sides), Bushnell shim guide booklet, Bushnell, Denver, US registration card, Bushnell/Baush & lomb/Jason US Guarantee card. I couldn't otherwise tell if your scope is a fake but if it lacks all the paperwork you must query why not. Where exactly does yours say that is "made in China"? atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I've just taken a second look at the paperwork that came with it, this includes:-jj vickers & son ltd - authorised importers & distibuters guarantee card, US tasco registration card, Bushnell riflescope instructions (A3 size Glossy sheet, printed both sides), Bushnell shim guide booklet, Bushnell, Denver, US registration card, Bushnell/Baush & lomb/Jason US Guarantee card. I couldn't otherwise tell if your scope is a fake but if it lacks all the paperwork you must query why not. Where exactly does yours say that is "made in China"? atb Tim

Mine says on the underside written in gold writing #(not engraved) it says 71-3950 then under that it says water resisatant then under that it says AQ then under that it says china what about urs?

Why not email Bushnell ?

I can't really see anyone fakeing a scope like this but, having said that, they make counterfit batteries and dvds which are only worth pennies so who knows?

I'll be totally honest, and I'm sure lots of people will disagree, but I don't think that you will have much comeback on a 4-5 year old 120 scope even if it is genuine.

Mine says on the underside written in gold writing #(not engraved) it says 71-3950 then under that it says water resisatant then under that it says AQ then under that it says china what about urs?
    One has "Bushnell High Contrast Optics" in white lettering on the inner rim of the objective lens, the other has "Bushnell Trophy XLT" in white lettering repeated 3 x on the outer objective lens rim. Lettering on the variable poer settings is also in white. No other model nos. Sticker on one says "fast focus eyepiece, finger tip Windage & Elevation, Amber coated Lens".

Try the Bushnell website to see if they have anything similar to yours

atb Tim