Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulsar Forward DFA75 Launch Date Confirmed (New Digital Front Mounted NV)

Pulsar Forward DFA75 Launch Date Confirmed (New Digital Front Mounted NV)

Hello all

We have had lots of enquiries regarding the new Pulsar Forward DFA75 Digital front mounted night vision solution.

The Forward DFA75 is a digital night vision day scope adaptor add one, which is ideal for users with Stalking rifles and quality optics who do not wish to dedicate a rifle to a night vision solution.

The Forward DFA is equipped with a removable laser IR Illuminator (915 nm wavelength, safety class 1) which functions in the “invisible” IR range. (a first on a device at this price point)

The illuminator features IR beam focusing (from spot to flood) and three-step power adjustment.

With a huge illumination operation range of 0.00004lux - 30,000lux the Pulsar Forward represents fantastic performance as an add on NV solution.

At last we have a confirmed delivery date of 1st January so are effectively taking orders now, bearing in mind they are in limited numbers for the first arrival batch.

You can find out more here about the new Pulsar Forward DFA75 Digital Night Vision.

Best Regards

Scott Country

I like the idea of this.
    What would be the recognition range for one of these, anybody know?

DA
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

yeah interested to know the effective range of this one? any idea how it would compare to an archer visibility wise?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    OMG:

Just what the doctor ordered for us bespectacled foxing nutters.

i would like one.

No I want one.

please can i have one. go on Mrs if i get the new job can I p l e a s e.............................

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hello, the official manufacturer spec for the "detection" range which is based on a man sized object 1.7x0.5 m in natural night conditions (0.05 lux, quarter moon) is not available as yet, however the real life recognition range, i.e the range you can effectively use the device for safe hunting in an average environment is approx 200yards.

We prefer to talk about real life detection ranges, so 200 yards real useable range in itself in real life conditions is usually more than adequate, with real benefit being you can add it to a quality rifle optic in minutes. 200 yards effective use at night, is a hell of a long way in my opinion, and I rarely take a shot much further than 100-150metres at night.

Bear in mind the Digisight N750 has a "detection" range of 600m and Mike Powell said in his review "as the light faded I could see rabbits coming out of the cleared fields at anything up to 300 yards away". Some dealers make wild claims with detection ranges, we prefer to be realistic.

We will be stocking adaptors for 42mm, 50mm and 56mm objectives from the off, however more will be available for other options upon request.

Features to note are "Covert IR Laser" and "Monocular attachment available for hand held use"
    Last edited by Scott Country; 12-12-2012 at 16:30.

The specs below are the pre-production specs, so MAY change when it is launched in a few weeks, so please see our website for update of specs.

• 50 lp/mm system resolution
    • SumLight signal processing
    • Precision ground, fully multi-coated optics
    • 50mm / f1.0 objective lens
    • High resolution 640x480 OLED display
    • 1x power when fitted to a riflescope
    • Converts into a 10x Hand-Held Digital NV Monocular (using Pulsar 10x32 daylight monocular)
    • Built-in 915nm 'stealth' Laser IR Illuminator with three-step power adjustment and focusing. Certified to meet Class 1 laser safety
    • 1.5x digital zoom
    • Video-out socket for recording the shot to a Newton CVR640, Yukon MPR or similar
    • Programmable wireless remote control
    • Huge illumination operation range 0.00004lux - 30,000lux,. Can be used indaylight for recording your shot
    • Self-contained (4x AA batteries) or external power supply (Pulsar EPS3 and EPS5 battery pack)
    • Impact resistant glass impregnated composite body
    • Lightweight and compact
    • Quick release mount
    • Waterproof and very wide temperature operation range -20C to +50C
    • Designed for rifles that generate 6000 Joules ME, such as .375 H&H Mag

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Hello, the official manufacturer spec for the "detection" range which is based on a man sized object 1.7x0.5 m in natural night conditions (0.05 lux, quarter moon) is not available as yet, however the real life recognition range, i.e the range you can effectively use the device for safe hunting in an average environment is approx 200yards.

We prefer to talk about real life detection ranges, so 200 yards real useable range in itself in real life conditions is usually more than adequate, with real benefit being you can add it to a quality rifle optic in minutes. 200 yards effective use at night, is a hell of a long way in my opinion, and I rarely take a shot much further than 100-150metres at night.

Bear in mind the Digisight N750 has a "detection" range of 600m and Mike Powell said in his review "as the light faded I could see rabbits coming out of the cleared fields at anything up to 300 yards away". Some dealers make wild claims with detection ranges, we prefer to be realistic.

We will be stocking adaptors for 42mm, 50mm and 56mm objectives from the off, however more will be available for other options upon request.

Many thanks - very interesting indeed. Is there any indication as to limitations on magnification power on the scope used? Earlier units seemed limited to 6x or 8x before images became too pixelated.
    Is the onboard laser comparable to the 808?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

The devil will be in the detail.

Specifically the optical design, and the alignment of the particular unit.

For a forward mounted adapter to be any use its optical system has to be tolerant of different alignments with the dayscope. No change of zero when it is fitted. It can be done, but its tricky, and to-date rather expensive.

Attaching an add-on to the eyepiece is trivial by comparison.

Looking forward to some seeing some critical testing of the unit. If it is sufficiently accurate it could be useful. Which would be remarkable for the price.

How quick is it to detach & re-attach the unit to the adaptor?

For example: if i was out with the unit rabbiting using the .22lr & spotted charlie 150yards out, how quickly could i take it off the .22 & re-attach it to the 25-05... assuming that both scopes were of the same objective size or had the correct corresponding adaptors fitted.

If it was a quick & streamlined interchange then i could see it being a very handy bit of kit indeed.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Assassin View Post
    How quick is it to detach & re-attach the unit to the adaptor?

For example: if i was out with the unit rabbiting using the .22lr & spotted charlie 150yards out, how quickly could i take it off the .22 & re-attach it to the 25-05... assuming that both scopes were of the same objective size or had the correct corresponding adaptors fitted.

If it was a quick & streamlined interchange then i could see it being a very handy bit of kit indeed.
    I think you will find it will take just a couple of seconds to remove from one to the other, of course you will have to adjust the DSA type adaptor from the scope you remove it from to the one you intend to fix it too.

I had a Hebridean tech house NV scope ( eye bell fitting) on trial a few years back and did a right up on it and it took me about 3 mins to take it of and about 4 mins to get it back on to another scope,

i think you may find if you have similar objective lens outer diameters then it will be rather quick,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube