Pulsar Forward DFA75 Launch Date Confirmed (New Digital Front Mounted NV)

Scott Country

Hello all

We have had lots of enquiries regarding the new Pulsar Forward DFA75 Digital front mounted night vision solution.

The Forward DFA75 is a digital night vision day scope adaptor add one, which is ideal for users with Stalking rifles and quality optics who do not wish to dedicate a rifle to a night vision solution.

The Forward DFA is equipped with a removable laser IR Illuminator (915 nm wavelength, safety class 1) which functions in the “invisible” IR range. (a first on a device at this price point)

The illuminator features IR beam focusing (from spot to flood) and three-step power adjustment.

With a huge illumination operation range of 0.00004lux - 30,000lux the Pulsar Forward represents fantastic performance as an add on NV solution.

At last we have a confirmed delivery date of 1st January so are effectively taking orders now, bearing in mind they are in limited numbers for the first arrival batch.

You can find out more here about the new Pulsar Forward DFA75 Digital Night Vision.

FORWARD.jpg

Best Regards

Scott Country

yeah interested to know the effective range of this one? any idea how it would compare to an archer visibility wise?

OMG:
:drool:
Just what the doctor ordered for us bespectacled foxing nutters.

i would like one.

No I want one.

please can i have one. go on Mrs if i get the new job can I p l e a s e.............................

bob.

Hello, the official manufacturer spec for the "detection" range which is based on a man sized object 1.7x0.5 m in natural night conditions (0.05 lux, quarter moon) is not available as yet, however the real life recognition range, i.e the range you can effectively use the device for safe hunting in an average environment is approx 200yards.

We prefer to talk about real life detection ranges, so 200 yards real useable range in itself in real life conditions is usually more than adequate, with real benefit being you can add it to a quality rifle optic in minutes. 200 yards effective use at night, is a hell of a long way in my opinion, and I rarely take a shot much further than 100-150metres at night.

Bear in mind the Digisight N750 has a "detection" range of 600m and Mike Powell said in his review "as the light faded I could see rabbits coming out of the cleared fields at anything up to 300 yards away". Some dealers make wild claims with detection ranges, we prefer to be realistic.

We will be stocking adaptors for 42mm, 50mm and 56mm objectives from the off, however more will be available for other options upon request.

Features to note are "Covert IR Laser" and "Monocular attachment available for hand held use"

Last edited:
The specs below are the pre-production specs, so MAY change when it is launched in a few weeks, so please see our website for update of specs.

• 50 lp/mm system resolution
  • SumLight signal processing
  • Precision ground, fully multi-coated optics
  • 50mm / f1.0 objective lens
  • High resolution 640x480 OLED display
  • 1x power when fitted to a riflescope
  • Converts into a 10x Hand-Held Digital NV Monocular (using Pulsar 10x32 daylight monocular)
  • Built-in 915nm 'stealth' Laser IR Illuminator with three-step power adjustment and focusing. Certified to meet Class 1 laser safety
  • 1.5x digital zoom
  • Video-out socket for recording the shot to a Newton CVR640, Yukon MPR or similar
  • Programmable wireless remote control
  • Huge illumination operation range 0.00004lux - 30,000lux,. Can be used indaylight for recording your shot
  • Self-contained (4x AA batteries) or external power supply (Pulsar EPS3 and EPS5 battery pack)
  • Impact resistant glass impregnated composite body
  • Lightweight and compact
  • Quick release mount
  • Waterproof and very wide temperature operation range -20C to +50C
  • Designed for rifles that generate 6000 Joules ME, such as .375 H&H Mag

Hello, the official manufacturer spec for the "detection" range which is based on a man sized object 1.7x0.5 m in natural night conditions (0.05 lux, quarter moon) is not available as yet, however the real life recognition range, i.e the range you can effectively use the device for safe hunting in an average environment is approx 200yards.

We prefer to talk about real life detection ranges, so 200 yards real useable range in itself in real life conditions is usually more than adequate, with real benefit being you can add it to a quality rifle optic in minutes. 200 yards effective use at night, is a hell of a long way in my opinion, and I rarely take a shot much further than 100-150metres at night.

Bear in mind the Digisight N750 has a "detection" range of 600m and Mike Powell said in his review "as the light faded I could see rabbits coming out of the cleared fields at anything up to 300 yards away". Some dealers make wild claims with detection ranges, we prefer to be realistic.

We will be stocking adaptors for 42mm, 50mm and 56mm objectives from the off, however more will be available for other options upon request.

Many thanks - very interesting indeed. Is there any indication as to limitations on magnification power on the scope used? Earlier units seemed limited to 6x or 8x before images became too pixelated.
Is the onboard laser comparable to the 808?

The devil will be in the detail.

Specifically the optical design, and the alignment of the particular unit.

For a forward mounted adapter to be any use its optical system has to be tolerant of different alignments with the dayscope. No change of zero when it is fitted. It can be done, but its tricky, and to-date rather expensive.

Attaching an add-on to the eyepiece is trivial by comparison.

Looking forward to some seeing some critical testing of the unit. If it is sufficiently accurate it could be useful. Which would be remarkable for the price.

How quick is it to detach & re-attach the unit to the adaptor?

For example: if i was out with the unit rabbiting using the .22lr & spotted charlie 150yards out, how quickly could i take it off the .22 & re-attach it to the 25-05... assuming that both scopes were of the same objective size or had the correct corresponding adaptors fitted.

If it was a quick & streamlined interchange then i could see it being a very handy bit of kit indeed.

How quick is it to detach & re-attach the unit to the adaptor?

For example: if i was out with the unit rabbiting using the .22lr & spotted charlie 150yards out, how quickly could i take it off the .22 & re-attach it to the 25-05... assuming that both scopes were of the same objective size or had the correct corresponding adaptors fitted.

If it was a quick & streamlined interchange then i could see it being a very handy bit of kit indeed.

I think you will find it will take just a couple of seconds to remove from one to the other, of course you will have to adjust the DSA type adaptor from the scope you remove it from to the one you intend to fix it too.

I had a Hebridean tech house NV scope ( eye bell fitting) on trial a few years back and did a right up on it and it took me about 3 mins to take it of and about 4 mins to get it back on to another scope,

i think you may find if you have similar objective lens outer diameters then it will be rather quick,

bob.

The devil will be in the detail.

Specifically the optical design, and the alignment of the particular unit.

For a forward mounted adapter to be any use its optical system has to be tolerant of different alignments with the day scope. No change of zero when it is fitted. It can be done, but its tricky, and to-date rather expensive.

Attaching an add-on to the eyepiece is trivial by comparison.

Looking forward to some seeing some critical testing of the unit. If it is sufficiently accurate it could be useful. Which would be remarkable for the price.

I have to agree, the testing of this and a good write up is essential for the UK market, we do tend to be rather fussy when it comes to spending a lot of cash on a single item, if it is as good as they say then it may be in my christmas list for next year,

I too will be looking forward to a users report ( i would like that to be done by a person not known for their use or expertise in NV gear as it will prove to be unbiased and from a new user rather than someone who has had the use of such a item or similar.)

I can't wait.

bob.

Hi

I dont want to turn this into a sales thread , so cant give away too much at present, however regarding the normal issues common with some previously available front mounted weapon attachment NV kit, i however will simply quote...

"The main menu of the Forward DFA includes various functions such as: set-up, check and adjustment of the aiming point, “Horizon” adjustment function. Icons on the data panel show operational status of the device (active functions, low battery indicator)."

The unit will be tested, completely independently by Sporting Rifle as soon as it is launched. I will also ask that Mike Powell that magazine feature equipment tester, whom I personally believe is one of the most honest and genuinely knowledgeable sportsmen in our sector, allows me to post his review here too.

Last edited:
I dont want to sound over confident but you will be impressed....the new Pulsar kit is stunning.

For example Pulsar's new hand held spotter, the Pulsar Recon 750 Digital Night Vision Monocular , will take the NV world by storm when it's launched 1st January.

(we have stock now though)

It has a detection range of up to 400m, with a built in Laser IR illuminator, retailing for under £400

I am using one now, and it is every bit as good, and dare i say it, actually better than a Yukon Ranger Pro which is circa £300 more retail.....

Lots of people have wild claims about their nv optics offering staggering distances, but enthusiastically i can say this new Recon offers a detection performance comparable (with an IR laser illumination source) with Russian Gen 2+ tubed monoculars, at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:
I have to agree, the testing of this and a good write up is essential for the UK market, we do tend to be rather fussy when it comes to spending a lot of cash on a single item, if it is as good as they say then it may be in my christmas list for next year,

I too will be looking forward to a users report ( i would like that to be done by a person not known for their use or expertise in NV gear as it will prove to be unbiased and from a new user rather than someone who has had the use of such a item or similar.)

I can't wait.

bob.

:thumb:

Hi

I dont want to turn this into a sales thread , so cant give away too much at present, however regarding the normal issues common with some previously available front mounted weapon attachment NV kit, i however will simply quote...

"The main menu of the Forward DFA includes various functions such as: set-up, check and adjustment of the aiming point, “Horizon” adjustment function. Icons on the data panel show operational status of the device (active functions, low battery indicator)."

The unit will be tested, completely independently by Sporting Rifle as soon as it is launched. I will also ask that Mike Powell that magazine feature equipment tester, whom I personally believe is one of the most honest and genuinely knowledgeable sportsmen in our sector, allows me to post his review here too.

Sorry.

Not meaning to sound rude, BUT i will not be reading any reports in a magazine unless its done as i first said, so it looks like ill be waiting to read the first report from a unknown person,

I don't want a report stating its this and that compared to this and that its so much better value etc, I would like to read a report from a person who has no idea what its all about until he opens the box, in my mind that will be the best one to read,at least we will get the full report not someones opinion on how good it all is before we buy it. and with all due respect to all the people that do write ups for magazines, I (and i suppose there are a few more like me out there) just don't read the reports when they are done by so called experts, its all to false for me, where as if it comes from a person that has no affiliation to any company/magazine/nv forum etc etc, then to me its just a tad more real.

until then ill be saving up (be a flipin long time) to try one, depending on the report from the above un named person.

bob.

If SC want to sent one down to me i will put it to test and give you guys a honest report;).

The Pulsar Recon 750 night vision
shifted up to the bar for one generation digital night vision market!

Even farther and more clearly
The first generation version compared to advanced technology, sharpness, brightness, and in the second-generation devices are rivals. What does this mean in practice? Even farther and more clearly can support the Pulsar Recon 750 help: range up to 250 m can be achieved. The device will not let you down when it is completely dark: built-in 780 nm laser operating infravetője illuminating the target. Infravetőt can connect external, which may increase the midst of the harsh conditions of the product range.

Enhanced optical, electronic and mechanical design
The bright, high-quality glass material with a 50 mm lens is the basis for detailed, 40 lines / mm resolution. 4x magnification is almost tangible puts the target.

The Pulsar Recon 750 fiberglass-reinforced, handy cover 510x492 pixel LCD display hides. It is not only the brightness but also color tone adjustment (black, green, white, red and white) and is free from the "traditional" night vision display typical minor defects. The highly complex structure eyepiece contrast, sharpness and distortion-free picture. The unit 4 1.5V AA batteries / battery operated, which especially Conserve (depending on usage or 9-12 hours).

In addition, something that has a video output for external eszköre (TV, video camera, etc.) can forward the events.

Wonder how this Recon 750 will be along side the Yukon Ranger with laser fitted??

Last edited:
all sounds good,all that really matters tho is the price,if money was no object it would be a starlight product or similar,so it has to be cheaper

Back