Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info needed - Net Gun

Info needed - Net Gun

First of all, this is not to be used on deer!

does anyone know where I can get or have plans for a net gun.

i am looking for a 4 pod net gun, similar to those used by the kiwis to net deer from choppers (although I don't have a chopper).

It would be great if I could purchase one directly, otherwise I have a gunsmith who will make one,for me.

Northern Constabulary are fine with this and will grant it on FAC or SG depending on the action that it is built on.

cheers.

Do you mean the gun they use when cannon netting? If so I would maybe contact one of the bird conservation groups that deals with foreshore birds (that's the only place I have seen one used) maybe the RSPB or your local wildlife trust?

Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    Do you mean the gun they use when cannon netting? If so I would maybe contact one of the bird conservation groups that deals with foreshore birds (that's the only place I have seen one used) maybe the RSPB or your local wildlife trust?
    sorry, should have explained a bit better. Already have the kit that you describe.

Looking for a "gun" based system.

Is it one of these you're after? Sorry don't know where to get one but found this on youtube

Excellent, will get in touch with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    one of these?

Large Animal Net-Gun
    One of the two guns shown looks like a Rem 700 receiver/bolt, the other looks like an NEF Pardner 12-ga...possibly

Not sure if it'd be more cost effective to modify either of the above here in the UK for the task required

Quote Originally Posted by saddler View Post
    One of the two guns shown looks like a Rem 700 receiver/bolt, the other looks like an NEF Pardner 12-ga...possibly

Not sure if it'd be more cost effective to modify either of the above here in the UK for the task required
    that's what we are looking into. The one I used in NZ was a bas***dised Lee Enfield no4.

I suspect 12b, 303 or 308 may be best , as wil need to source blanks. 223 may not have enough, oooomf

Hi Bambislayer,

We used all sorts of net guns, none of which were particularly successful. Trouble is they were designed to be used from Choppers, and worked fairly well, but at Ground level they are not that reliable. The one we used was a Paxarms, whom I believe still make them. The UK Paxarms agent is Dave Russell from Midlands based PDMS (Professional Deer Management Services).

We also used a chinese Co2 powered contraption. They make all sorts of grand claims about it, but its rubbish - believe me!

The Paxarms one will probably be your best bet, but be prepared for incredible recoil - and wear ear defenders!!!

Let me know if you need any other information.

Best regards,

Mike.
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer

Corrour have finished with the helicoptor now bs you could hire it when you've found the net