Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bavarian x

Bavarian x

Was up in the Northumberland area these last few days with a bunch of good people roe stalking. A guy there had a Bavarian hound crossed with a retriever, the dad was a retriever and mum the Bavarian. What a fantastic dog. It looked like A Bavarian hound but the coat was a lot stronger looking. It did a good tracking job as well. Watching a well trained dog work was fantastic. The price he paid for the dog was very reasonable too. What a great companion he had. Has anybody ever heard of that cross of the two breeds before?
    Last edited by 270rem; 12-12-2012 at 20:12.

Why would you cross a purpose bred breed?

That is just idiocy.

I see the dog in question, and the reason you would use this cross bred dog was (watch it track and find deer it was better than a lot of deer dogs I have seen) and at a very ggod price ?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Why would you cross a purpose bred breed?

That is just idiocy.

Don't tell me eggs I bet you breed them don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by 270rem View Post
    Don't tell me eggs I bet you breed them don't you?
    Nope I dont. I dont par take in stupid practices that British are so fond of.

A Labrador is a retriever
    A BMH is a sent hound.

2 very different job and by crossing them you do not get the best of both worlds. You get a dog that is not as good at either.

I am pretty sure if it created an improvement the Germans would have done it a long time ago. As I said idiocy.

Well, guess what of to take my cross breed spaniel for a walk now. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Nope I dont. I dont par take in stupid practices that British are so fond of.

A Labrador is a retriever
    A BMH is a sent hound.

2 very different job and by crossing them you do not get the best of both worlds. You get a dog that is not as good at either.

I am pretty sure if it created an improvement the Germans would have done it a long time ago. As I said idiocy.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I agree with you regarding pedigree's Eggy but i think you are missing the point here. I assume this was a mistake mating and the pups were sold a lot cheaper than pure bred. So the OP got a dog with good tracking ability at a price he could afford.

Each to thier own I say have what you want for whatever you want it for and $$$$ everyone else .dogs will come and go in and out of fashion as long as I don't have to tug at it on a long bit of string and it barks when it's found the deer .......happy days ....
    for the record my mate and I use a lab and he is wonderful .
    just my op
    norma