Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ527 Bolt Problem Fouling Scope Zoom Ring . CZ 527

CZ527 Bolt Problem Fouling Scope Zoom Ring . CZ 527

Hi very frustrating can't seem to get anywhere with this blooming rifle ,right pain haven't shot it yet!
    Just got Warne high mounts today and meopta scope.
    So basically my Cz527 's Bolt is catching on the Meopta scope zoom ring. I've read odd people getting the grinder to it and reblueing it. It sounds a bit brutal but would probably work has anyone had any experience and success with the 527 Bolt ?
    It's i good job I ignored one large gun company who said medium mounts as the bolt would have fouled more.
    When I pull the bolt back it's going nowhere as the shape of the 527 bolt catches the underneath of the scope!!

I took a grinder to mine and it now works well but it was touch and go. I have a pecar variable on mine. CZ ebony and then a grinder to the bolt lmfao

CZ's are fussy about scope clearance. I have a 3-9 Zeiss Conquest on my 22 Hornet right now and it's a slim fit. Take the rifle to a gunsmith and have the angle of the bolt altered to clear.... or a different bolt handle all together. Saves grief.~Muir

I have carried out this modification for a couple of friends, if you were a bit nearer i could do it for you.

Ian.

I was told by my gun smith i nearly messed up big time getting close to the safty catch .Get some one to do it that knows the score.

I had the same problem with a scope fitted by the seller of my rifle ..... a trader. The bolt worked when I tried it in the shop, but when arrived home I tried to remove the bolt and couldnt !

I had another scope that I wanted to fit, but that had the same problem. I later purchsed a Leupold scope and thats fine and is using the same CZ527 mounts.

I admit I was tempted to grind some off the bolt though.

Not sure whether you want to change the scope or the mounts to add a little to lift the scope. Anyone know if its possable to add shims into the mounts to lift the scope ?

I had to grind my bolt handle just to clear my scope, I also purchased a picatinni conversion to fit a Night Vision scope on as this also raises the scope, might save you doing some grinding. I got the picatinni conversion on ebay but you can get them from the states. search on the net for it.

ATB

Tam

Either grind the bolt or find higher mounts, mine has had a few scopes over the last couple of years.
    It now has a Swarovski 3-9x36 in Warne 1 inch Medium's, yes I had to grind the bolt handle, but I wanted the scope as low
    as possible, after all CZ's are not know for a high stock, this way the cheek weld is good for me.

Neil.

I had that problem on my 30-06 , local gunsmith straightened the bolt a little , no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck243 View Post
    Hi very frustrating can't seem to get anywhere with this blooming rifle ,right pain haven't shot it yet!
    Just got Warne high mounts today and meopta scope.
    So basically my Cz527 's Bolt is catching on the Meopta scope zoom ring. I've read odd people getting the grinder to it and reblueing it. It sounds a bit brutal but would probably work has anyone had any experience and success with the 527 Bolt ?
    It's i good job I ignored one large gun company who said medium mounts as the bolt would have fouled more.
    When I pull the bolt back it's going nowhere as the shape of the 527 bolt catches the underneath of the scope!!
    This is the Warne website, with a downloadable 'Scope Ring Chart'. I'm not a Warne fan.

http://warnescopemounts.com/products/rings/

http://warnescopemounts.com/product/...receiver-line/

Their 'Medium' height F or QD rings will fit most fixed power 'scopes, and the High F or QD rings should give clearance to the power selector ring on most variable models.

Leupold 'scopes are particularly compact, and the PS ring & ocular are usually the same diameter ... so these are rarely a problem.

The CZ527 American is sold complete with CZ rings, but other models aren't. The action to 'scope tube height in the proper CZ rings is .550", but these are labelled 'Medium'. With the CZ's, all the 'scopes I've got clear the base of the bolt handle by 2-3mm... as CZ intended.

I wouldn't consider mutilating the bolt handle on my CZ.
    Last edited by Sinistral; 13-12-2012 at 15:25.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.