Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of internet fraudsters,especially this time of year.

Beware of internet fraudsters,especially this time of year.

Like most people,last week I spent a fair amount of time and money buying presents online,only to recieve a call last thursday from the bank informing me of some dubious transactions.
    unfortunately,some **** had got a hold of my card details and started to buy things.I instantly phoned the bank and blocked the card,destroyed it and got the money credited back into my account.

Came home today to find a rather large parcel by the door,upon inspection had two addresses,mine and another.
    Hm... phoned the bank, opened the invoice,bank confirmed that a block had been made for the exact same payment last week.

Gotchya you spunk trumpet,passed on all details to fraud prevention uk,and my bank and the police,basicaly the scrote that tried to take money from my account had his adress on the parcel sent to my house.

Just a heads up,some proper arse holes out there,all too willing to take your money when you think everything is secure online.
    Cash or cheque from now on...

mate at work booked parking at Gatwick 3 weeks ago, the only transaction he had made for a month. two days later a 300 online transaction showed up on his online banking, needless to say straight on the phone to the bank. So its not just shopping online that the crooks scam your card details.

That,s the thing mate,I dont know how the hell these people get a hold of our details,I mean,all online transactions are supposed to be secure online through sage pay password etc.the bank said alot of number crunshing goes on until they get a hit.
    The worst thing is, someone tried again this morniing for 600 from hnh,then again for 20 at (.30, just makes my piss boil.
    They also reccomende at least 1 a year to get a copy of my credit check/history,because identity fraud is a major uk crime,nevermind rant over.

Watch of you've got an ebay account. I had someone send me an e mail the other day saying there had been a problem with an item I'd sold them and they provided a supposed link to the item. When I clicked on it, there was a perfect copy of the ebay log in page. I looked at the address bar and it didn't match up. These b**tards are getting flyer by the day.

What was in the Box... anything useful?

I had a very similar thing happen a couple of years ago,and they had booked a hotel room for a couple of days later,so when I asked if the Fraud squad would be dropping in on them at said hotel the bank said no,we don't work like that,but don't worry you will get your money back.Not sure what that tells the 'spunk trumpets'....I do like that....lol

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    What was in the Box... anything useful?
    two bloody wooden deck chairs,now owned by me......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck chair.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	22362

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    I had a very similar thing happen a couple of years ago,and they had booked a hotel room for a couple of days later,so when I asked if the Fraud squad would be dropping in on them at said hotel the bank said no,we don't work like that,but don't worry you will get your money back.Not sure what that tells the 'spunk trumpets'....I do like that....lol

Martin
    I had to smile as well when I read "spunk trumpet" lol

Beware strangers bearing gifts and remember that there are NO free meals in the world.
    Personal greed looking for a `freebie` catch many out.
    If I get E,Mails I don`t expect from strangers I always delete them.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun22/250 View Post
    mate at work booked parking at Gatwick 3 weeks ago, the only transaction he had made for a month. two days later a 300 online transaction showed up on his online banking, needless to say straight on the phone to the bank. So its not just shopping online that the crooks scam your card details.
    If your friend booked this online, it could be that he has malware on his PC that needs to be taken care of.