Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All the gear but no idea

All the gear but no idea

Met a guy out lamping the other night he had a lovely sako in 243 with about two grands worth o scope on the top,we got talking rifles ,shooting etc any way he asks what im shooting so i pull out my old bsa 243 with its leoupold 4x9x40 scope no mod ,just a bipod on it ,cheeky barsteward said what you actually shoot that.then he said it was coming on rain doesnt like getting his gear wet.yeah i actually shoot my guns.pissed me off laughing at me old gun.

You must admit his kit seems to be top notch but he was cheeky or is that honest

What led you to believe he had no idea?

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

I bet he could see what he was shooting at though

Ahhhh.......... fair weather chap was he then !
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Its bad form to knock another mans gear like that. As long as you shoot well with your rifle it doesn't matter what it cost

Yeah it's not nice getting your stuff slagged off, I took a roe head to get measured two years back, it was the first one I thought may have been a medal. However I was told it would never make a medal as it would get no points for this and no points for that by one of the assessors which I though was a bit harsh on a new and enthusiastic stalker. I left it there anyway to get measured and it turned out to be a silver at 120 points

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Yeah it's not nice getting your stuff slagged off, I took a roe head to get measured two years back, it was the first one I thought may have been a medal. However I was told it would never make a medal as it would get no points for this and no points for that by one of the assessors which I though was a bit harsh on a new and enthusiastic stalker. I left it there anyway to get measured and it turned out to be a silver at 120 points
    Ahhh well he probably wanted you to just walk off and leave it ................................................ then it could be sold.. Nice little earner.

To be honest it was more the way he reacted rather than what he said as if you really shoot that thing.gear wise i dont bother ive my own buisness ,my house is bought an paid for,my kids are happy see my guns as more like tools needed to do a job.an a fine job they do.

You cannot tell a mans ability by his gear . But a pile crap won't offten do a good job.Then there are the one's that think more about their gear than the shooting. Some turnup with the full cammo fancy bits and all the gear .But couldn't stalk a deer or crawl across a field to save their lives. They would get it all dirty and that would spoil their day.But you can't judge a book by the cover.The true story is when the deer is clean shot and looking good hanging in the chiller.There is nothing wrong having nice equipment and looking after it. I think its a ballance of what you can afford and how much you want to look after it. Me my gun Remmy 700 25.06 is a tool not interested in fancy guns. I do like a good scope pvs 1-2 only because they see better in poor light so a better tool. I like stalking deer i dont even collect trophies. Trophy hunters can ruin the stock so you need a good manager looking after them. woodfordfallow