Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC Level 1 in fife area.

DSC Level 1 in fife area.

Hi..i am looking for any info on DSC level 1 course`s in the fife area for 2013,i may have a place at the collage in cupar next march 2013 but only if they can fill the course so it not set in stone..thanks for any info and help.

Contact our BASC Scotland Office at Trochry. Donald or Kenny will be the best ones to contact on 01350 723226. They have one arranged for the 1-3rd March at Trochry.

Many thanks, Peter
    Last edited by Peterm; 18-12-2012 at 09:11.

Andy, There is every chance me and my mate will be doing the March course in Cupar too, so it might help..making a few phone calls on Friday to confirm where we are actually doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Andy, There is every chance me and my mate will be doing the March course in Cupar too, so it might help..making a few phone calls on Friday to confirm where we are actually doing it...
    That woulb be great..the more wanting to do the course at elmwood will ensure it will run in march..will look forward to meeting you`s there if you book there....andy.

Hi peter and thanks..i will give BASC scotland a call if the elmwood course does not go ahead in march..cheers andy.

More than likely that Elmwood would be closer for you.

I hope you enjoy the course
    Peter

Hi Andy, Sorry mate, doing our course with LDNS now, Competence day on 2nd March, with exam a couple of weeks later..it's the nearest to us, only 20 mins by car..

Norrie, Not sure where you are getting your info from but just to avoid any misunderstandings. The LDNS do not run training courses for DSC. The Competence Awareness Day on 2nd March 2013 (http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...2nd-March-2013) is being run by South Lanarkshire Deer Group with assistance from other DMGs and is being financially assisted by the LDNS. This day will be of great assistance to anybody preparing to sit DSC Level 1 and there will be opportunities to be made aware of the requirements for DSC Lev 1 /test your shooting skills/do mock safety walks etc along with being able to ask questions of both the SNH and FCS. Although very beneficial, it is not a specific DSC 1 course nor is there an assessment day planned for two weeks later.
    The Central Scotland DMGs in conjunction with Barony College have run DSC Level 1 assessment only days which have proved to be very successful. The year it is the turn of West Lothian DMG and it is hoped to have this arranged for April 2013. The venue will be in the West Lothian area. We have found that these days are best run with approx 8/9 candidates. If this is of interest send me a pm and I will certainly inform you of further info.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Hi Andy, Sorry mate, doing our course with LDNS now, Competence day on 2nd March, with exam a couple of weeks later..it's the nearest to us, only 20 mins by car..
    Have a good course...