Dogs do the funniest things

woodfordfallow

Well I when return to my car my dog is normaly glad to see me. This day he was looking out the corner of his eye at me.To which i looked at my sandwich bag .They had been eaten so i looked at him. He then looked out the other side window hoping i hadn't noticed. Then i said to him did you eat them pointing at the half eaten paper bag. He then crouched down as thou i was going to hit him. Made me laugh for weeks. Have you got any funny stories about your dog woodfordfallow

Last edited:
I had left my mobile in the car, went shopping, then returned and found Central Radio Cabs on the other end of the line...I guess it was fed up waiting for me!

I had a rather shaggy looking, wolf-like, black sheepdog once, who used to ride around in the spare wheel on the bonnet of my old landy. Didn't matter where we were, just give him the command "On the bonnet" and he'd hop aboard. Doing a late evening (almost dark) check on some sheep I was looking after in Suffolk, I walked down the narrow lane to the field, only to find a car containing very busy courting couple parked in the gateway. Couldn't really get past them politely, so stepped aside and gave the dog the command "On the bonnet", whereupon he leaped aboard and glared through the windscreen. The screams from within the car make me chuckle to this day!

Mine managed to jump up at the window and lock the central locking with my keys still in the ignition and me outside!:doh:
Had to get rescued by the ever sympathetic wife with a spare set!
Which reminds me of a related test you can do to see who is your best friend.... Your wife, or your dog?!

It's a simple test.

Just lock them both in the boot of your car for an hour or so.
When you eventually let them out, see which one is happiest to see you!:thumb:

I bet it's your dog!:D
MS

I was shagging a very nice welsh lass once down a country lane one night when a bloody collie jumped on the bonnet to have look! Talk about dogging.

Mine managed to jump up at the window and lock the central locking with my keys still in the ignition and me outside!:doh:
Had to get rescued by the ever sympathetic wife with a spare set!
Which reminds me of a related test you can do to see who is your best friend.... Your wife, or your dog?!

It's a simple test.

Just lock them both in the boot of your car for an hour or so.
When you eventually let them out, see which one is happiest to see you!:thumb:

I bet it's your dog!:D
MS
The dog ok one command but i am going to have a bit of a fight getting her in to try it.How did you get her in. i need the secret but i think it needs more than an hour to test it.

My mate's somehow managed to train his do to sh*t exlusively in bushes - "Mylo" sticks his head in to scope it out, then turns 180 degrees and backs his ass into the bush and relieves himself... so my mate has never had to pick it up!

I asked him how (so I could train my pup) and he said Mylo had seen another dog doing it when he was a pup and had done it ever since - needless to say I'm encouraging them to be friends.

My pup swallowed a roe knuckle joint the other day and howled as it went down... imagine he'll be howling when it exit's too LOL (either that or a trip to the vet!)

one of my spaniels will back into bushes, or preferably water, the other week she was in 12inch of water, no way was I picking it up.

The dog ok one command but i am going to have a bit of a fight getting her in to try it.How did you get her in. i need the secret but i think it needs more than an hour to test it.

Bait it with chocolate cake and get her used to feeding in there! Move the cake further towards the back each day. Put it right at the back once she is feeding confidently. As she leans in, hit her on the back of the neck with the dog and let go. Both should land in the boot, at which point you can close the lid!
Seemples!:smug:
MS:D

Two of our three cockers tend to play tug of war with those large plastic microwave dinner dishes (lasagne etc)
While they are doing this the other one strolls over and licks the leftovers out of the dish out while the other two growl furiously.
They tug of war ones Never seem to work it out.

fraser

Bait it with chocolate cake and get her used to feeding in there! Move the cake further towards the back each day. Put it right at the back once she is feeding confidently. As she leans in, hit her on the back of the neck with the dog and let go. Both should land in the boot, at which point you can close the lid!
Seemples!:smug:
MS:D
So lets get this right as she leans i take advantage from the rear and hit her with one. Is that what you call doggin.

My son bought my missus some loveheart sweets for Mothers day, we came back into the lounge to find 3/4 of the pack missing and my Toller chewing furiously. The missus said to him "are you eating my sweets?" he looked at her, and looked at the 3/4 eaten packet then looked the other way as if to say "the sweet thief went that way Mum"
He also ate a packet of Extra Strong mints when left in a mates Landy, we got back to the vehicle and my mate said "Im sure I left a packet of mints in here" My Toller just looked out of the window, with minty breath. He had eaten the whole packet, including the wrappers.
I miss him so much, he was such a character, independant, but faithfull, and worked his last season three months before he died. My other dogs are great, but have nothing on him as far as playing up goes.

my father's cocker, two front feet up on the steering wheel car horn blowing centre of town looking out the window completely innocently .......
lots of people around car...

this time last year we had all the stuff under the tree etc.

we left for my wifes work do with the kids in tow as they where welcome to come along.

Left the dog in with the full run of the new house that we had not long moved into. (help him settle down etc.)

Came home and he would normally meet us at the door,

Strange no Cozzy at the door, on further inspection he had slid a box of wrapped chocolates from under the tree nibbled away at one end, slid out the plastic shaped insert and eaten all the DARK chocolates and left 5 white ones.

Had to take him to the vets as he went all floppy etc,

£476.98 and 2 days later we got him back,

So Glad he made it as i love him to bits.

View attachment 22388

Last edited:
my old deerhound-grayhound used to go from the yard down to the shop about a mile and wait for the door to open walk in and lift a loaf wait at the till ,when someone appeared he went to the door to be let out ,and he shot back with it ,and my wife then had the dogs bill to settle, one day thy asked if she had been making scones ,as the dog had taken a bag of flour and later a bag or raisins ,we found the bags at the side of the anvil in the smithy,he lived to be 20 and was never fastened in ,he had the run of the place.

my old lab was a master of the old 'knock the Christmas tree over and scoff the choccies' trick. but then again that's probably not that rare for labs. see food diets!

Back in the day when folk just let there dogs out my grandparents had a beagle. Everyday the nieghbour used to give that beagle a biscuit. My grandparents moved a few miles away but the dog continued to make a daily journey back 'home' across open country for his biscuit!

Not a dog story as such but i was given a electric collar just in case my dog went for sheep. Anyway i had the black plastic reciver and tried it out on number five feck me it was soar . At that the wife asked me what i had i said its a plastic bit off the dogs collar but isnt working.At that i throw it over to her say here you nosy bigger she holds it while i turn the dial up to ten and flip the switch. Feck me it was funny for a moment i have not seen it since.

Back